Lexi Is Fighting For Her Life:(

Guest greyvettech

Kelly, you and Lexi have been in my thoughts off and on all day. I know you have experience, but it has to be so much worse when it is your own. If she will tolerate it, try spooning small amounts (tsp or so) into her. I'd only do very small amounts at a time then wait to see if she tolerates it before pushing it harder.

Hang in there!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Sending prayers to your beautiful Lexi, and to you, too.

Please keep us posted.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greyvettech

Ok, some good new I got her to eat a little bit of low fat cottage cheese and some K/D.. she must feel a little better. I pray she keeps it down!!!! Thank you guys so much for all the good wishes.....

Guest FrostyBottoms

How scary! Both of mine had their vaccines a couple weeks ago and they both still have diarrhea, in fact I just called the vet today to ask for Forti-flora...this happened to them both in the past.

Praying Lexi will have a good outcome.

Gathering all the powers in the universe and the power of GT to keep Lexie wrapped tightly in a cloak of love and protection so her Mom can work the magic. Eat, baby girl. Please eat!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest wdlndgreasil

So this was caused by the vaccines or the raw food she was fed or a combo of the same? I'm confused.

How frightening! I can't imagine. Glad you work for a vet who's obviously so helpful and were able to contact OSU as well!

Sending prayers for Lexi. Hang in there. :grouphug

Dr. Couto is a wonderful man. I went thru a similar thing, same diagnosis on the IMT, but mine ended up being leukemia, which Dr. Couto diagnosed when the e-vet here misdiagnosed.

I have a female with no spleen and my vet is going the titer route with her. I was never familiar with titering, so now that I understand it I'll probably titer all my pups going forward and only immunized when I have to.

Best wishes to you both. My dog's blood work recently tanked (pancytopenia)---rushed her to OSU. Well, after some diagnostics including a blood marrow aspirate and biopsy it was unsure really what was wrong with her (Kate)--pretty scary when Dr Couto was left coming up w/o a diagnosis. We started treating her as if she has an auto-immune disease and so far she is responding---not as well as I would like but, she's still with me--something 2 months ago I didn't think would be a possibility. She had been recently vaccinated :( prior to her blood work abnormalities. I understand the importance of vaccines, however, I will always titer my dogs from now on. I'm glad Lexi is starting to eat but, be careful with the cottage cheese--full of salt--I learned that lesson with my girl as she now has Glomerulonphritis caused by her hyperactive immune system.

Dr Couto and Dr Urie at OSU are the best---big thanks to them both!! Lexi--you continue to improve and Mom get some sleep---I know it's hard (been there) but, you have to take care of yourself too :)

Edited by tbhounds

sending MANY MANY prayers for Lexi!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

How scary for you! Sending tons of prayers for Lexi and hugs to you. Come on girl, fight!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lynne893

how horrible, but what a blessing you work at a vet and that dr. cuoto was able to help so quickly. my thoughts and concern are with you.

i know the feeling of just staying awake, watching.

sending all the good hope in the world to lexi and you.

:gh_child

:goodluck

C'mon Lexi! You need to get better.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest WarmheartedPups

What a scary thing....I sure understand the no sleep and just staring at your pup. Keep hoping...there is always hope....I will pray for your Lexi pup.....and for you.