Lexi Is Fighting For Her Life:(

Guest greyvettech

Sending prayers out to you and Lexi, and hoping that there will be good news tomorrow.

Please, Lexi, please eat!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HappyHarleysMom

How frightening! I hope Lexi has a good night of rest (and you too!) and I hope she eats more for you tomorrow.

Sending many prayers and white light for you and Lexi from PA. Come on Lexi, get better girl.

:candle:candle:candle:candle

Sending tons of prayers and healing thoughts Lexi's way!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm sending healing thoughts to Lexi from Iowa. And hugs to you.

ETA: I'll be waiting anxiously for an update.

Edited by SusanP

Guest KennelMom

Sending prayers for Lexi :hope :hope

Lexi's case shows just how important Dr. Couto's program is for all greyhound owners. We all hope we never need them, but when we do, they are priceless. The Hope For Hounds auction happens so that Dr. Couto can continue to support greyhounds and owners in need!

Guest wmlcml6

What a scary thing to go through. I will keep Lexi in my prayers. The good thing is that she's drinking at least. I'm sure you know that staying hydrated is much more important than eating. We had a pup that didn't eat for 7 days, and I just knew she wasn't going to make it. That was at 8 weeks old, and now she's living happy and healthy with Jenn (gijenn51). Hold on to your hope!

Bill and I agree that dogs are overvaccinated. When they are in the racing kennel, it's mandatory that they get updated shots every year or they cannot race. After they retire, I would totally go the titer route.

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts. Hoping for a good morning update.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Good thoughts for Lexi

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Sending prayers for your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Love and healing thoughts going out to you and your sweet Lexi from me and my sweet Angel Lexi, who also courageously fought a battle against autoimmune disease.

Your Lexi is in the best hands possible.. we're all anxiously awaiting an update that we hope will bring better news.

:grouphug

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest hlpnhounds

Is she eating yet ? Has a feeding tube been discussed ? Even if it's just for a day or two to whet the appetite, I've seen patients that had NO interest in food receiving nutrition through the NG tube start eating again. That's an easy thing to try since you have access to the equipment.

Checking in ...

:candle:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

checking in too, hoping for good news!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Just checking in today. More prayers for Lexi and you.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France