Lexi Is Fighting For Her Life:(

Guest greyvettech

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyvettech

I emailed Dr. Couto yesterday and he said even though she appears to be more muscle wasted as the days go on, he said I have to give her more time..so, that's what i'm going to do! Her ascites is so much better and with that she should stop losing muscle mass. She has quite the appetite now.I wish she would drink more. We gave her some SQ fluids yesterday. We checked her kidney values and they are so much better but she is still losing way too much protein in her urine. Come on meds, you have to start working!!! She's being such a trooper...I love this girl:) Thanks guys!

Guest Energy11

Glad to hear she is doing much better! I worried about you guys all day yesterday, with this site being down and all.

I really do think the muscle mass wasting will stop, especially with the ascities going away, and her eating well! Thank GOD for sub q fluids!

You are doing a wonderful job with her, and it is times like this, we are thankful for our medical backgrounds :-))

Love, hugs and many good thoughts for you! Love, Dee and The Five

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sending prayers for your beautiful girl (just realized she is a half sibling to my bridge kid Iberia, same sire!) Get well soon, sweetie...

Guest greyvettech

Lexi is doing really good today..she is eating very well but still not drinking as much as I would like. She got excited to go for a walk today. :colgate Of course, I see her all day long, but she might be at the point where she has stopped losing muscle (I hope) and soon she Should gain her weight back...fingers crossed...I really think she is going to pull through...I surely thought I was going to lose her...I will keep you guys updated. With good hopes, she will be back to her princess ways when the week is over. I can't thank you guys enough for all the good wishes :rolleyes:

All I can say is WOW.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Such good news! Wonderful, fantastic, absolutely the best! Yay, Lexi! Mom's love and the power of GT can work wonders. Of course an open minded Vet and Dr. C working together can't miss.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Great to hear of this improvement :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!