Jaynie May Have Acute Kidney Disease

Stupendous!!!!!!!! :) I've been following along & holding my breath, so I'm very happy to see such a great update.

(If you're not sure if she'll like her eggs, you can sprinkle on some shaky cheese (parmesan :lol ) to get her attention.)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning to change her collar today anyway since she's been wearing the same one since she was admitted, it will now feel like such a celebratory thing to do (it's a brand new collar).

WAHOOO on the GREYT update! Glad to hear some of her lab values are starting to respond to treatment.

Gracie was without her collar most of the time she was at the UW Hospital as they took it off of her when she was admitted. She was unable to even stand, so they weren't too afraid of her running away. The day I picked her up, I put on her "Believe" collar. I whispered in her ear that I believe she can make it. Each and every day she wore that collar, and it reminded me she needed me to believe in her. Just this week (over 4 months after her stroke) I had the strength to change collars. I put her pumpkin collar on her and told her that even though she isn't wearing her believe collar, I still believe in her.

If you would like to borrow Gracie's Believe collar, I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. My strong fighter girl is recovered now, and she is more than willing to share her strength with those who are still fighting. Jaynie sure sounds like she is a fighter, too! :kiss2

Here's a picture of her collar:

th_IMG_3816.jpg

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

What wonderful news! I can't imagine what you have been through, but now there is a lot of hope for your baby girl.

Please continue to keep us updated. Our prayers are still with your girl (and you).

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

YEAH Jaynie!!!! What a great update!

When we were dealing with Libby's kidney issues it was a struggle to get her to eat anything but meat. She did like hard boiled eggs though, so she got a lot of them. You might also think about some of those protein shakes - there are lots of different ones now with flavors, with low sugar for diabetics, with extra nutrients for elderly, with good stuff for babies - there's got to be one that would be good for her.

Good luck.

chris ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest trevdog

Glad to hear she's improving! I really think it sounds like she's dealing with an infection, hopefully the test results show that too. Much easier to deal with then a lot of other things.

This is such great news, she's turning the corner. Thank you God!

This has to make you feel so much better Mary, and so relieved. I know there is still a ways to go, but she's headed in the right direction.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest dobiegrey

Thank God!! I couldn't wait to get home today to check on Jaynie (didn't realize so many people are attached to your girl huh?) It was wonderful to see that things are lookin' up, now we just keep praying that all systems resolve themselves and hopefully once everything improves her spleen and kidneys will return to a normal size. Prayers are still a comin'

Lou

glad to hear the good update! :) :) :):hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

That is a great update! I am so happy to hear that Jaynie is doing better. Big hugs to both of you, keep getting better sweet girl!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Baby steps... one step at a time... like I said... SHE WILL get better!

Continued prayers.

I am thrilled for you both!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

My gosh it was great to read an upbeat update :):banana :banana

Keep getting better Jaynie and before you know it you will be right at home where you belong!

I loved reading the last update! Keep it up baby girl, you can beat this! Oh my gosh, how wonderful.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so glad to read that latest update. I've been thinking of you both.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)