Asia Update #90 - #115 #120

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear this, very very sorry. All you CAN do is love her and keep her comfortable. OSTEO STINKS! Our good friend's dog, Ashley, has it, and doesn't have long :-(

The best way to look at it is, that you've had Asia a year longer than you thought.

Maybe once your weather up there cools down, it will help her breathing, as well. Anyone/dog, etc., has a harder time breathing air that is thick with humidity (moisture).

You may or may not want to consider seeing if the vet will prescribe an oxygen tank for her. You can attach the tubing to the tank, and use a mask (not to put on her), but to lay close to her nose, so she will be getting pure oxygen. It very well might help! IT does with humans ... Just a thought.

Love, hugs and continued good thoughts and prayers from us! D

I'm sorry to hear it Audrey :(

Love to Asia and to you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I installed Mr Slim AC's in my home for Darius when he had the LP she is comfortable with the AC on and so are we. Its all for the dogs you know :)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Vinnie

Oh Audrey, I am so sorry. She has been a champion through everything. I am so sorry the mets are there, I was so praying they weren't. Love on your beautiful girl, take lots of pictures and spoil her even more. Hugs to you and a kiss and scritches to Miss Asia. We are all here for you.

I'm so sorry, Audrey. This is just heartbreaking beyond words. Hugs to you and Asia.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh, Audrey, I'm so sorry. Because of you, she has had a wonderful year of enjoying life. Why, just a few weeks ago, she was holding court at Grapehounds! I'm so glad I got to meet her. She's a beautiful, brave girl, and you have supported her in every way you could.

I hope she has many more good days. She will let you know when she is ready to say good-bye.

Hugs to you both.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry. I was so hoping for better news. A hug to you all.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Audrey, thinking of you and Asia today. Treasure every moment.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Audrey, I am so sorry to read this. I wish peace and comfort for Asia, and a warm hug for you and Bob.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Tenderhearts

I'm so sorry. Pikachu had a lot of mets in both lungs when the vet did xrays, and the tumor behind her tonsils was making it difficult to eat/swallow. It hurt so bad to have to make that decision. You and Asia are in my prayers. :hope :hope :hope

I'm sorry. I hope she remains comfortable for a while longer.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry but what fight she has put up with your help! Hugs to you both.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh Audrey- I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project