Asia Update #90 - #115 #120

Guest PiagetsMom

Audrey, I completely understand why you were so reluctant to think about an xray......I think we all want to try to keep the boogie man away for as long as we can.

Sending good thoughts that the Lasix will make Asia more comfortable this weekend and that you'll continue to see improvement :grouphug

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinnie

Adding more prayers from here. So glad that you got the xrays. I am sure she is much more comfortable now. Keeping fingers and paws crossed that they can find the source of the fluid so it does not continue and that there are no mets. The fluid in the lungs would definitely give the cough. Hugs and scritches.

Guest IrskasMom

I am so relieved to hear this Update! At least you know where to begin and start to heal . Audrey , I am glad you have something to go by. Gentle Hugs and Prayers for you and Asia :grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

Guest eaglflyt

This does sound very encouraging. I'm sure the fluid reduction is helping Asia and I'm hoping for the all clear on the cancer issue next week! I hope you get some sleep soon, but I'm so glad the fluid is being eliminated from poor Asia's lungs.

I guess this news is bittersweet, I have been reading about CHF and if it is indeed that she could live 2 weeks to 6 months maybe a year. She has not lost her appetite and looks great so I will rule out the 2 weeks :)

I will still keep up the hope that she will get better

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I have to agree that it is encouraging. At least you have a course of action, and know what that action is for. Hopefully, she will feel (and sound) much better---she already looks fantastic!

ETA Just read your last post. You know she looks and acts so healthy, I can't imagine just getting the low end of that estimate. She has done so well with everything else, I feel that she will be around for quite a while.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I will still keep up the hope that she will get better

And we will continue to share that hope right along with you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I checked on her at lunch and she had no accidents. I am keeping her in the office so she will stay still (which she would do anyway) My vet wanted me to crate her :( I guess the worse part of the lasix is over. She sounds better and is breathing better. She never looks like she is miserable. What the heck is causing this? I have printed everything out a about CHF.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Don't be making guesses, Audrey. You'll just make yourself miserable. Could be she does have an infection causing this, or a completely-unrelated-to-cancer condition that can be managed indefinitely.

Hang in there.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Don't be making guesses, Audrey. You'll just make yourself miserable. Could be she does have an infection causing this, or a completely-unrelated-to-cancer condition that can be managed indefinitely.

Hang in there.

I so agree!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

update that her cough has lessened with the lasix. I emailed my vet today and asked about the blood work. He said

Low thyroid level, rest normal. We should do a complete Thyroid profile when she is here Thursday. Decrease her furosemide to twice daily. Let me know if the coughing gets worse on that dose.

So Thursday will be the echocardiogram and thyroid.

Thank you all for your positive thoughts :)

Continued good thoughts from here :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Asia was at the vets yesterday, the ultra sound showed mets in her lungs. I don't know how long she has. She only gets up if she has too. She watches me when it is time to go to bed and she gets up quickly because she wants to be upstairs. Bob carries her up and down. She didn't want her dog food any more so I bake her chicken and she eats it lying down. She still can potty outside. My vet said she is not and will not be in pain it is just catching her breath and at some point she won't be able to. On a scale to 1-10, 10 being the best, I would say she is a 5 right now. I don't know how fast she will deteriorate. And she does not cough a lot.

I have to watch her carefully as if there is a fast spiral we do not want to be caught in the middle of the night or on a weekend per my vet. I will be there for her.

It has been over a year since the osteo-sarcoma was diagnosed and we did the amputation. Asia is our princess and I am thankful she was able to mentor Nova as Darius mentored her. I am thankful to have been blessed with such wonderful pets.

If I do not access GT as much during this it is because we are implementing a new ERP system at work that must go live September 1st. Can you imagine?

Keep Asia in your thoughts, and Tracy's Cosmo.

Edited by Madeara

Lots of hugs and prayers for you, Bob, and sweet Asia girl. Give her a kiss for me, will you, please?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.