Asia Update #90 - #115 #120

Thank you everyone. I have to say I am holding my emotions together well. I never forgot that she has osteo and anything can happen. I do my best and I love them all more than anything in the world. All my pets come first. I really like the "G" and the "X" idea. I always use my calendar but this will be a very good way to track and SEE how it goes with her. Darius shredded my heart, I think I cried enough to cover the rest of my life. My heart is holding on for now and I am praying I will not get the news I dread.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

Hang in there...I'd want to know what I'm dealing with so I would opt for xrays....if it is kennel cough you want to handle that too as I'm guessing you are already dealing with a compromised immune system. Honking does sound like it could be kennel cough, but I'm no vet. If it's mets I'd want to know that too, and they won't be able to tell you how much time.....but there are things to help it a bit and buy you some time.

Hugs and good thoughts.....

edited to add when Jam was dealing with cancer, he had a cough but it wasn't a honking cough, more congested. I did hear a dog with kennel cough when we were at the vets with him, I could definitely tell the difference. And the people didn't want to pay the $$ to get their dog treated, I could tell his was miserable.

Edited by trevdog

So many of us know how you feel! :grouphug

I would want to know so I could keep her comfortable with medications for as long as the time is left, if in fact, it is lung mets.

Bodie had lung mets and lasted months. Longer than any of the vets thought he would. You just don't know. Enjoy whatever the time is, be it a day or a year or more.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Continued prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LindsaySF

I understand your fear, but I would get the x-ray too. Even if it isn't lung mets, the x-ray will help in diagnosis. Safer than trying antibiotics without knowing for sure what you're dealing with.

It's probably not this, but my dog Cody had coughing episodes that at times sounded like reverse sneezing, and at times sounded like gagging like something was stuck in his throat. Vet thinks it was collapsing trachea, so we manage it by no collars, no dust in house, etc.

Good luck. :hope

thinking of you both this evening.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I would like to 1st thank EVERYONE who pushed me to get the x-ray; you were not unsympathetic and wait until you hear this

I did say that she coughed when she would lay down and not during or after exertion. I read everything I could to understand the cough and everything pointed to lung mets. The honk and gag. It was getting worse

My vet x-rayed and saw that she was full of fluid in her lungs! The fluid will not let you see any mets if there are any so she received a shot of Lasix and pills of Lasix to give 3 times a day until Monday. She will then get an echo cardiogram. The question is why and where is this fluid coming from. She has a heart murmur which we knew. Is there a leaky valve, is it cardio mylopathy, or congestive heart failure did the doxorubicin do damage and will we find mets after the fluid is gone. Blood for 2/CBC and she is to stay quiet.

I was up most of the night as she really peed a lot! I have to say she is noticeably better this morning. My vet keeps mentioning how wonderful she looks.

Thank you again!!! We are not out of the woods but there is hope don't you think??

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

I am sure Asia will be A LOT BETTER without all that fluid in her lungs. I wonder why the vet didn't hear it before, although, sometimes, it isn't as easy to HEAR the fluid. Boy, do they pee a lot on Lasix, especially a high dosage!

Good luck, and let's hope once the fluid is gone, you will get your answer, and it is a positive one.

Hugs from us up here! Dee and The Five

Edited by Energy11

Continued prayers

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Fingers, toes, paws, hands, legs .... EVERYTHING crossed for good luck for your girl!

Having to give Lasix bites for the first day or two but should be better after that.

Big hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Thanks for the update. And the fluid must have been really uncomfortable for Asia too. So glad she will be more comfortable. :bighug

Wow, I'm glad you did get the xray! Here's to many more healthy days ahead!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

More good thoughts coming from here :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

continued prayers for you and sweet Asia

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross