Asia Update #90 - #115 #120

It started Sunday a cough that sounded like something was stuck in her throat. It only happens when she gets up and sometimes when she is lying down. I don't know what to think so she is going in to be checked an if necessary get an x-ray. You know we fear mets have started in her lungs.

It started a week after we returned from Grapehounds and it has been a year since her amp and chemo that happened on our return from Grapehounds last year. I can only hope that it is something else and of course has a cure

Please keep her in your thoughts

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers for Asia.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Energy11

You were around a lot of other greys. MIGHT just be "kennel cough," as it sounds like that ... (trying to cough up a hair ball). That is EASY to treat :-) Let's home for something simple.

Is Asia coughing up any frothy stuff?

Good Luck, and you are all in our thoughts and prayers! D

I would love for it to be Kennel cough, nothing frothy coming up, what would froth mean?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

Froth .. ? (resembling foam) sometimes mucusy and bubbly ... indicative of fluid being coughed up from the lungs.

GOOD SIGN that there is nothing like that coming up! Vet can tell if there is fluid in the lungs just by listening. Good Luck! DO mention that Asia was around a lot of other dogs, when you go to the vets. Dee

Edited by Energy11

It jsut has to be Kennel cough and all the symptoms are there and the timing. Now do my other dogs have it now too?? the neighbors akita too??

I know my vet will xray her too, What if it is both :( mets and kennel cough?

I ithought of that too but I don't think so. It HAS to be Kennel cough (can you you stand it, hoping your dog has kennel cough?) Beats mets in the lungs!

Guest Vinnie

Fingers and paws crossed from here that it is just from the trip. When Vinnie's went to the lungs, it sounded like a deep cough from a cold and he panted - heavily. Prayers that it is nothing. Hugs and scritches.

She pants but again she is runnign to get into the truck every time she can, she love rides :) I has been hot here, I use the AC for the dogs. She is a tiny bit sluggish.

Please let it be kennel cough!

Guest Energy11

Even though we vaccinate dogs for Kennel Cough, they can still get it, and yes, the others could too. They are put on antibiotics and sometimes, Tussigon (codine based pill) to help with the coughing.

Please keep us posted! Love ya! Dee and The Five

Sending tons of prayers! Crazy as it sounds, hoping for kennel cough!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Sending lots of prayers for Asia.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross