Asia Update #90 - #115 #120

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good thoughts for a silly bout of kennel cough :candle

If and when it does turn out to be that, I have a great natural remedy which involves licquiorice root (spelling alert!).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

How is Asia today?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Waiting for update and sending prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I had one non-grey (Dobe-mix) that had kennel cough and one grey that had lung mets. The kennel cough was a hack when we started on a walk. No other symptoms besides the cough.

Alex developed lung mets during chemo. He started coughing but was also "off". He was lethargic and normal activities seemed to take more effort. I knew in my heart what it was. The Vet didn't hear anythng in his lungs but I asked for an xray.

Now I'm getting worried. :candle

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

yeah, me too. Just came back on to check.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I don't think Audrey posts very often on weekends from home.

Sending postivie thoughts for Asia.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest EmbersDad

embers cough started during chemo. it was a deep, hard hack if i remember right. it only happened after we went for walks. the xrays showed what i already knew in my heart....

Thinking about Audrey and Asia, and sending prayers that she is okay.

PLEASE.....some good news!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh gosh I am sorry everyone but I had a real full weekend. I saw the vet at 8:30 Sat morning. He checked her out, listened to her lungs felt her all over no temperature. We discussed

If it is a viril infection it is clearing up on its own. If it was kennel cough her cough would be worse by now. If by Monday it is worse we will start antibiotics. It is my call to have the x-ray. If her cough continues I will have to get a series to make sure we know what is going on.

Well the cough isn't worse and it is less but its still there. It only happens when she lies down or rolls over on her back, but not all the time thank god.

One good thing is she gained 7 lbs! Yes she is spoiled. I don't want her to gain anymore as she has to carry that weight on that one front leg.

But do I want to know right now if there are lung mets? She is fine except for this occasional cough. It sounds like a honk with a cough at the end of it.

I will stay positive and if anyone has any suggestions lets hear them.

Thank you for your support and prayers!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

Still sounds like a "Kennel Cough," hack to me. Have heard many. But, it is IS viral, there are a lot of "close cousins" to Bortedella (kennel cough), so that MIGHT be it. I would try the antibitocs and monitor the cough. Good luck and love to Asia!

yes my vet did say "kennel cough" could be many different cousins. That is why I still have hope that it could be that. I will ask for the antibotics anyway just to see if it goes away.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

Good Luck!

How is the weather up there in Dover Plains? My Dad in Pleasant Valley has been complainig about the heat, A LOT! Hates heat like i do!

Good Luck with your Asia! Hugs! D