Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

Guest Annie

You guys are so awesome!!! :grouphug I just don't know what I would have done without your support these past weeks!!!

Canyon_s_eyes_835.jpg

Canyon had a little incident a couple of days ago. As he was going outside to relieve himself, he heard something at the back of the (tiny) property and propelled himself off of the deck. :jaw

One can only imagine how that jarred his spine!!! :( He seemed okay afterwards, but I'm noticing now that unless he is sleeping, his neck/front end area is constantly trembling. D

I put a call in to neurology, but Dr. Sharp is in an 8hr surgery today. We have an appointment tomorrow, so they have told me to keep him quiet and start him back on pain meds if need be. I also have a call in to my regular vet.

:cry1 I'm praying that he hasn't compromised his recovery!!!!!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let us know Annie. Let's face it, we can only keep them quiet so much and for so long, and Canyon has been such a trooper. He just felt it was time to feel his oats.

Tell him to rest up, we're all waiting for his tour to begin

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You just can't keep a guy like Canyon down! Well, just have to pray some more ha!

Canyon, why don't you chill out just a little until you fully mend? I know. That's one of the reasons we love you so!

I will be expecting a good report tomorrow though!

Love,

Your KY fans :wub:

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

"Hello Mr. Saul "I'm-gonna-make-you-a-star" Publicist? This is the President of Canyon's Florida Fanatic Fan Club. Uh, would you ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee keep Canyon's daredevil escapades out of the press? It's just not good for ticket sales for his upcoming World Tour!"

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Annie

Canyon_squishy_nose_4_800.jpg

Our baby is howling for a few minutes every night when we go to bed now... I'm afraid all this doting has led to a bit of separation anxiety. :blush

Canyon remains very low key. I am so relieved that we are seeing Dr. Sharp today! :unsure I WILL POST AS SOON AS WE GET BACK!

Guest Vinnie

Hi Annie - I have been a little out of touch the past couple of days but Canyon and his adorable face kept popping into my head. Hope all goes well at the appt today, will have Canyon's twin, Angel Vinnie, send lots of white light and healing thoughts his way. Will look forward to a good report this afternoon. Hugs and scritches.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'm so happy that Canyon is doing so well! Give him lots of gentle hugs from me and tell him to keep up the good work!

Guest Annie
Hi Annie - I have been a little out of touch the past couple of days but Canyon and his adorable face kept popping into my head. Hope all goes well at the appt today, will have Canyon's twin, Angel Vinnie, send lots of white light and healing thoughts his way. Will look forward to a good report this afternoon. Hugs and scritches.

Thank you Cat. :) Your precious Angel Vinnie's good wishes mean a lot to us! :angelwings

Guest Annie

Dr. Sharp was very saddened to see Canyon walking with his back arched and head down. :( The trembling in his front end also concerned him because it indicates he is constantly bracing his neck and shoulder muscles to prevent hurting himself with movement.

He feels that Canyon should have had a marked improvement by now and is discouraged by his present condition. :cry1 We are starting a short course of Pred to see if it helps.

Dr. Sharp doesn't think that Canyon injured himself badly by flying off the deck, because his decline would have been instantaneous and dramatic. It's basically that he is simply not where he should be in terms of recuperation. This is very scary. :cry1

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Canyon_squishy_nose_4_800.jpg

Our baby is howling for a few minutes every night when we go to bed now... I'm afraid all this doting has led to a bit of separation anxiety. :blush

Canyon remains very low key. I am so relieved that we are seeing Dr. Sharp today! :unsure I WILL POST AS SOON AS WE GET BACK!

Give Mr. Bendy Nose gentle hugs for me and I hope all goes well with his vet appt.!

Edited to add: I just read the update. I'm so sorry he's not recovering as quickly as he should! I will keep him in my prayers.

Edited by Spencers_Greyt

I hope this is just a temporary setback and he will bounce back and forward. We will keep him on the top of our prayer list. We are all rooting for your boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Vinnie

Hi Annie - Sorry that the update is not as good as hoped. Would he be able to do any therapy to help relax and re-train the muscles? Hopefully the meds will help relax him as well. It may just be his way of protecting himself, sort of like we do when we injure something. Sending up lots more prayers and good thoughts. Hugs and scritches.

Sending lots and lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry to read this update but I hope Canyon makes a swift turn toward better very soon. :hope

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis