Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Annie

Post surgery day 5

I think Canyon is doing well, but he is so quiet because of the Gabapentin and Percocet, that it's hard to tell. There's no crying out, just lots of sleeping, resting AND HEALING!

You can see in the picture taken this morning, that he is out of it. After hearing from other people in this thread about how painful this surgery is, we have kept his pain meds at a higher level.

Canyon_post_surgery_day_5_600.jpg

He has attempted to scratch the incision a couple of times. Good thing we are with him 24/7 to keep that from happening!

He continues to eat well and relieve himself easily so that's ALL GOOD! :colgate

I tell you, we are sure looking forward to the day that he is his kooky, boisterous, GRINNING self again! :rolleyes::colgate

Guest Annie

Canyon had diarrhoea yesterday afternoon and wouldn't eat his dinner, so he didn't get his meds in the evening. :sad1 (Unlike the other pups, I can't get near him with a pill... he simply throws a fit.) Because of that, he let out a few cries during the night. It's like a lightening bolt going through me! My heart just breaks each time! :brokenheart

At 4 AM, he accepted a small ball of meat with his Gabapentin and he's sleeping peacefully now. :sleepy Me... not so much. :rolleyes: Oh well, there's always GT to keep me company! :lol

Edited by Annie

Canyon is really putting your nursing skills to the test isn't he? Well, not to worry. You've got a secret weapon to speed his recovery-the healing power of Jesus :hope and love :beatheart . Look how good its worked so far! Give that boy his usual kiss :kiss2 from his KY connection and tell him we're still waiting to see that picture of his frist post surgery grin! :inlove

Guest Annie

Canyon's incision site looks so healthy! No swelling and the small amount of bruising there was, is almost gone. :colgate

Canyon post surgery day 6. :wub:

Canyon_post_surgery_day_6_close_750.jpg

It looks like there's an eensy, teensy bit of a grin beginning to form! He-looks-so-good! Wow! Smooches, scritches, hugs and outright sloppy kisses to Canyon. (I'm typing this in the dark because the girls would be all over his latest photo!)

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Annie
It looks like there's an eensy, teensy bit of a grin beginning to form! He-looks-so-good! Wow! Smooches, scritches, hugs and outright sloppy kisses to Canyon. (I'm typing this in the dark because the girls would be all over his latest photo!)

:lol

Just checking in to say keep up the good work big guy! You're gettin better 'n better everyday!

Love and kisses! (Special kisses from my girl houndies Aggy, Cash & Bobber(can't let Minny know because he would get jealous- he thinks they are his harem.))

Guest Annie

Canyon post surgery day 7

Canyon_post_surgery_day_7_600.jpg

My baby is still resting a lot. We've had a couple of big screams in the past 16 hours. :cry1 One when Geoff came home from work last evening and Canyon got very excited... the other, during the night when I left the room. :sad1 We are still praying that his pain is coming from the surgery site and not something that we missed. :hope:hope:hope

I know this was a very serious surgery and it will take time for Canyon to heal, but hearing him continue to scream just about unravels me. :weep