Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Annie
His eyes say it all, he's glad to be home with mom! Prayers for a quick & speedy recovery :hope

It's so true, his eyes say it all! :colgate Whatever pain he is in now, is nothing compared to that which the torn disc was causing him!

We had a great night! He peed and pooed, had his meds with food at 1AM, then slept all night. Not a peep (or scream, or squeak) out of him!!! :yay

Here he is with his cool pack, resting comfortably... really comfortably!!! HE IS HAPPY AGAIN!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Canyon_surgery_day_2_750.jpg

We have the bed in his crate raised on one side so that he can rest his head on it and watch our every move. :colgate The crate door remains open, and he has a small area outside of it with another bed, my computer desk and patio door.

Canyon_surgery_day_2_2_700.jpg

Must go now and cuddle my boy! :D

So glad he's back home and doing well. :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

So glad he's home! Sending LOTS of good thoughts for a speedy recovery!! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Vinnie

He looks happy and comfy - so glad he is home. Prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery. So glad that he is already feeling better with no squeaks or gsod last night. I'll bet you are all feeling better now. Hugs and scritches. Please give him an extra cuddle from us.

Guest Redpack

Wow! Had a sick kid and haven't been on much! He looks so relieved from the last photos I saw. Good wishes for his continued recovery!

Guest Annie

Here is Canyon's private recovery space. :colgate (There is always something leaning on the crate gate keeping it open, but I removed it for the sake of the pics. ;) )

This is our livingroom. Canyon can be close to River and Breezy but they can't bump into him. :colgate

Canyon_s_recovery_area.jpg

He is right by my computer desk, where I spend a lot of time. I have put a pillow on the floor so my butt doesn't fall asleep when I cuddle him! :lol

Canyon_s_recovery_area_5_750.jpg

His other bed is beside the couch where Geoff sits. The TV tray table prevents him from jumping on the couch or sneaking past the coffee table. It also keeps Breezy on the couch and out of his crate (which she is dying to get into!!! :lol ).

Canyon_s_recovery_area_4_750_.jpg

so glad to hear he's doing so well!!!! :yay:yay :yay and he's getting the BEST of care :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

It just can't get much better than that! Hallelujah! Love, love, LOVE that boy! :wub::wub::wub:

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so glad you're keeping us posted on how he's doing. And it's already been said, he's getting the very best care possible and by the people who love him. it just doesn't get any better than that.

May each day bring more and more comfort. And I can only imagine the relief that you're feeling right now.

Canyon, you are well loved my boy, and by many!!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm glad he's home. I hope he continues to heal quickly and well. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)