Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

Guest Annie

Canyon's trembling has decreased!!!!!!! There has been some improvement in the last 24hrs!!!

The neurosurgeon didn't call me back. It's the third time I have had a concern or question about meds and the call wasn't returned. Terribly ******* frustrating!!!

I am not a vet... I need information to make informed decisions about the best treatment plan!!!

Canyon is not on a pain med, only pred at a decreasing dose. I was only given a 5 day supply of Gabapentin and actually didn't think that it was very effective. The percocet was, but Dr Sharp wanted him off that asap.

Canyon was clear of TBDs, I'm not sure he was tested for Valley fever though... I'll find out. He has a very low pain threshold and is a screamer by nature.

Mike, I would give Canyon anything that would benefit him. I really feel that I've been left hanging by the neuro department, and Canyon suffered the consequences.

Thankfully I've had support here.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he have Tramadol? That would be OK to give with the pred. If neuro won't get back to you, talk to your regular vet. That's a heck of a surgery for a dog and, while you don't want him drugged to the gills, there sure would be nothing wrong with keeping him comfortable while he finishes healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Annie
Can he have Tramadol? That would be OK to give with the pred. If neuro won't get back to you, talk to your regular vet. That's a heck of a surgery for a dog and, while you don't want him drugged to the gills, there sure would be nothing wrong with keeping him comfortable while he finishes healing.

I will ask about Tramadol. Thanks!

edited to add I've put in 2 more calls to the neuro department and asked that return my call this morning regarding a pain med for Canyon ie. Tramadol. He has whimpered a few times this morning, but the trembling is still under control.

Edited by Annie

Guest greytful4

Oh Annie, this is encouraging...hopefully he's on the right path to recovery! Shame on your neuro surgeon! Prayers and hugs for your beautiful boy, he's been thruough a lot!! :kiss2

Guest Annie

I just saw Dr. Sharp. He is concerned about Canyon's lack of progress and wants to do another MRI tomorrow which will include his brain. They are not charging us.

I pray that Canyon is slow to heal and that there isn't something else wrong. In the meantime he is back on Percocet.

Guest Annie
Annie, you know we'll all be on the edge of our seats waiting to hear. Has to be good news. It WILL be good

Claudia, Dr. Sharp is worried, and gave me a 90% chance that there is something more going on than the healing process. Oddly enough, I feel very peaceful and somehow "know" there will be a favorable result.

You can be sure I will post the results immediately!!!

Guest Vinnie

So glad you were finally able to speak with someone and that hopefully the perc will help keep sweet Canyon comfy. Will watch for your updated post after the MRI - did he say how long it would take and if you would have any answers right after? Sending additional prayers and healing white light and lots of hugs and scritches.

Guest Annie
So glad you were finally able to speak with someone and that hopefully the perc will help keep sweet Canyon comfy. Will watch for your updated post after the MRI - did he say how long it would take and if you would have any answers right after? Sending additional prayers and healing white light and lots of hugs and scritches.

It will be done around 1000AM and I will have the results right away.

I have given Canyon a percocet and he is NOT enjoying feeling out of it. He stood there staring at the floor for the longest time and would not settle. :(

This time tomorrow we will know what's going on. I feel confident that it will be good news, as in they will find nothing else amiss.

Thinking lots of "just a slow healing pupper" thoughts for you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sending prayers for tomorrow's MRI; and for the percocet to kick in and relieve some of the sweet boy's pain. If it continues to not agree with him, don't be afraid to ask for something else!

Edited by FullMetalFrank

Canyon IS healed. I don't care what anybody or anything else tries to say. :blah

I have learned through hard experience not to believe appearances. :brick

That feeling is your knower-it knows and so does mine. PTL

Hang in there Canyon-soon you will be romping in the grass putting all this stuff behind you. :gh_bowLove and kisses from your KY fan club! :love2

Edited by racindog