Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

Just catching up and reading about your sweet boy....prayers for continuing improvement.

He has such a sweet face....

Today is The Girl's 5th birthday and all they asked for was to see Canyon's latest photo spread! OOOOhhhhh! They are so excited to see that he's looking so good! (He is absolutely adorable!) Still praying non-stop for complete and pain free healing.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Annie, I hope you realize that once Canyon is feeling much better, and he will, you will have to arrange a world tour for this boy to visit his fan club all over the globe :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Annie! I'm just catching up with Canyon. I've gone through this thread on the edge of my seat, clicky finger poised to get the next update. He looks fabulous, and I'm so not surprised he's got some pain! It sounds VERY traumatic, as someone has said from personal experience! That's a lot of stuff to get shoved through and out of the way, much of it not meant to stretch like that, I'm betting. I'm surprised he's eating so well.

And I can only imagine how you must feel when he screams. :( Hang in there. This is the healing phase, and once it's past, the good life recommences!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest Annie

My boy tried to play a little while ago, just for a few seconds, then he lay his head down on his toy. :kiss2:grouphugCanyon_post_surgery_day_7_4_fuller_725.jpg

I have a call in to Dr. Sharp to find out how much pain/discomfort is "normal" at this point. Canyon is no longer on Percocet but gets 350mg of Gabapentin 2 X daily. He doesn't look unhappy, eats well, eliminates perfectly and has only cried out a few times... I guess I just need reassurance, and more information on what I can expect, will help a lot. ;)

Guest Vinnie

Hi Annie - Canyon is looking oh so handsome. I know how the cries can just shred your heart but he looks like he is healing well and knows his limitations if he wasn't jumping around playing with the stuffie. Sending hugs, scritches and extra prayers.

Good Morning Canyon!!! :beatheart Glad to hear you've got your mind on the proper things...like playing again! :ghplaybow You are a very smart boy to stop and rest when you need to. You will get better faster that way then if you went nuts and overdid it because you were starting to feel better. But then we all know you're smarter than the average bear! Love ya guy! :kiss2 Keep getting better and better. We love you! :wub:

Guest Annie

Canyon is on post surgery day 8 and has not cried out in more than 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how thrilled we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is still very low key and sleeping a lot (normal greyhound behaviour :lol ) but I truly feel we have turned the corner!!!!!!!! :clap:rivethead:banana

Guest Annie

We are on post surgery day 9 and Canyon is doing so well that we are going to try and cut out the Gabapentin! :colgate Frankly, I don't know how well it's been working for him anyway. I think it was mostly the Percocet that provided him with relief and he's been off of that a couple of days now without any crying out!!! :yay

Canyon_post_surgery_day_9_cropped_600.jpg

Dr. Sharp is off today, but the other neurologist said that the effect of stopping Gabapentin is different on dogs than people, and there is no need to wean him off.

I feel so confident about how well Canyon is doing, that I think it's safe to say that the surgery was a success, and there wasn't another underlying problem!!!!!! :clap

My husband Geoff and I are having our 1 year wedding anniversary this weekend. Now we have even more reason to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:confetti:pinkele

Guest Vinnie

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary, knowing that Canyon is well on the road to recovery and will be up singing for you in no time. Happy Anniversary and WooHoo Canyon. Sending extra hugs and scritches.

OH MY! I am now praying prayers of THANKSGIVING! He IS a good God!

Canyon, you've made my weekend Buddy!!!!!!!!! :confetti

I'm so happy I don't know what to say. My Mom will be utterly delighted as well. She is not a greytalker but she has been praying and following your progress closely.

OOh HAPPY DAY! :bounce1:flip:pepper:guns

Love, :kiss2

Your KY friends :beatheart

Oh, I hope the rooing didn't scare anybody! I couldn't contain myself, whooped and hollered and the girls have been celebrating non-stop! OMG! How absolutely wonderful! Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm ecstatic! The girls are slobbering all over the monitor! GQ - you have your "Man of the Year"! (That's Greyhound Quarterly, in case you were wondering.)

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

How wonderful is that!! Keep up the good work sweetie!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren