Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

:wub: Looks like there's plenty of snuggle room left on that sofa! And you thought his little world was impenetrable because why? Did it have steel doors? :lol Is he just not the sweetest thing ever? Good thing I'm at work looking at this, because The Girls would be packing their suitcases to join him if they saw that photo! Canyon, do you think your recovery would be enhanced by some warm Florida weather? You and Mom are welcome anytime! I'll bet the warmth of the sunshine would fix you right up!

Ah, good point!!! I think the California sunshine would help too :)

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Annie

Canyon post surgery day 17. Check out this remarkable surgical site! :yay

Canyon_post_surgery_day_17_2_650.jpg

I couldn't resist showing you his sticky up ear from this AM either. :rolleyes::blush

Canyon_post_surgery_day_17_800.jpg

Geoff and I are receiving new (reclining) furniture tomorrow (YAY!!!), and so our couch and loveseat were taken away today by a young couple. That means no more confinement for Canyon because there is nothing in the room to create a barrier. Oh well, he was getting through it anyway!!! :lol

His progress is still very, very slow. :unsure We keep having to remind ourselves that he is no longer SCREAMING, so the surgery must have been a success. Right? :hope

His neck area still trembles strongly when he is standing or has his head up, and he still arches his back and carries his head low when moving around.

I am going to make arrangements for acupuncture next week. I'll bet that could be really beneficial for him now... his muscles are so tense.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!!!!!! :grouphug You have kept me sane and even laughing through some difficult times! Bless you!!! :kiss2

Oh, I don't know about the new furniture! Did he help pick it out? I would have thought something with that therapeutic memory foam would have been more appropriate. Canyon, do you approve of the new furniture or is the sticky up ear your editorial comment about the whole situation? No matter, you're still the most handsome boy in the universe! Hope Mom and Dad find a great acupuncturist who will make you feel sssooo relaxed! OBTW: You must have super healing powers! That incision site looks incredible!

Rest up, 'cause your public awaits you! If you would like to spend the month of May in Florida, you can watch the shuttle launch on May 12 from our driveway!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Annie

Canyon post surgery day 18

Canyon_post_surgery_day_18_Breezy_750.jpg

Canyon screamed last night when he lifted his head while lying down. :cry1 His front end is still trembling and his head is hung low with his back arched when he stands or walks. :unsure:(

He is not improving. :cry1

He is not our joyous, silly, boisterous pup. :cry1

Geoff and I are terribly worried.

Oh no. Sending a million prayers for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Annie, I don't really understand a lot about Canyon's surgery or the healing process. All I can offer are my prayers. You and he have been on such a terrible rollercoaster.

My prayers for comfort

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry that your handsome boy is still not feeling better. I have no experience with this, but if prayers and good

thoughts will help, you've got them.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Continued prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Vinnie

Adding our continued prayers. I know your hearts must be in your stomach right now but things have just got to get better for your sweet, sweet boy. I am sure you will be waiting by the phone to call your vet in the morning, I hope he will have some suggestions to give Canyon some relief as quickly as possible. After such a major surgery, I would think some type of therapy and/or acupuncture would help him - the muscles have been so tense around that area for so long that they most likely need to be worked and stretched out, which means they need to be relaxed. Sort of like me, I take muscle relaxers as needed (thankfully, not often anymore) due to an accident, I would think he would need something equivalent until the muscles are back to where they were before the initial incident that caused the surgery. Keeping you in our thoughts and sending lots of healing white light for Handsome Canyon. Hugs and scritches.

Edited by Vinnie

Guest greytful4

Annie, I'm just now reading this and I'm so sorry you're having ups and downs with your beautiful boy. Hopefully he's just having an off day and will be just like new tomorrow. gentle hugs to your boy. Thanks also for your support.

Guest trevdog

Sending lots of healing thoughts Canyon's way....I'm still thinking his muscles are very sore as I would believe they had to go through them for the surgery. I know it's not the same, but when Dallas had her bowel obstruction surgery it was a good 2 months before she was even close to normal. No screaming but some whining and she was not her puppy self for a long while....we were worried too but given the major surgery it was, I could guess how uncomfortable it was for her.

Hoping the Dr can give some insight

Guest TexasGreytMom

Just popping in to wish Canyon and you well! I read thru your entire thread and it's been quite a journey for you both. Hoping that Canyon is back to his "old" self again soon!

Guest eaglflyt

Bless your hearts. I'm hoping that he just needs some more steroids or some non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for a time. My prayers are continuing for Canyon, you and your entire family.

Sending the most powerful of prayers :candle and healing light to Canyon. Come on, Sweetheart. Show Mom and Dad that it's just going to be ok.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest KyGrey

I have to admit I haven't been able to keep up with Canyon's progress as I would have liked but want to send more prayers to your sweet boy. :hope