Jack - 'flashing Star'

silverfish

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was a special boy, and I'm sure he was happy with you, Renie, and the stuffies.

Godspeed jack.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy-I was so sad when I read that Jack had gone to be with Renie. I have no doubt that he was happy and that he knew he was loved. He had a wonderful home with you and I'm sure loved you as much as you loved him.

Godspeed sweet boy.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Judy....

he was obviously a very special and very loved dog....

Hugs to you and your family

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Why is it that these seniors seem to fall solidly into our hearts, choosing the place there, that is theirs alone. There they shall remain, nuzzling us, whiskers tickling the edges of our emotions, when we least expect it, with smiling hound memories. Thank you for the happy contentment you gave Jack during the waning years of his life.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Judy & Andy... I was also hoping I wouldn't see this thread for another few years...

I'm thinking of you both... if there's anything I can do (like host you for a long holiday), please let me know...

Love,

Jeannine

f_yellow:bighug

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jack. I'm sure you made him so happy and he doesn't want you to feel guilty. He knows you loved him.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest PhillyPups

Judy,

I am so sorry to hear of Jack's joining my Clown Prince, Stepper. I vision them together, dashing through the meadows, happy, young, and laughing at us as we sit here missing them.

I am so sorry.

Run free Jack.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I have sat and read through this thread many times today, and I have cried many tears. At times I could hardly read the screen - and many of you will know how that feels, because you've been there too. If you have, you will know how much these messages mean to me, and how much comfort can come from the kindness of all you wonderful people.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read about my beloved Jack, and also for taking the time to write, sending your comfort and hugs and flowers and stories and wisdom. It's all so gratefully received and I have read each of your names, and each message, and been very much touched. The wise words, the mention of other much-loved dogs already gone ahead, it reminds me of what a community we have here ... and I know how hard it is sometimes to come in here and read, yet alone leave a message. It's a painful place to be, and I know that, so thank you all for being here for me.

It will take a long while to get past this. It will take me a long while even to get around to sorting out the huge amount of dog stuff here in the house, cleaning and putting away the stuff we will keep for our next dogs, and packing up and donating the stuff we won't keep. The washing machine will be working overtime with bedding and stuffies and coats and jammies and the non-slip mats we have everywhere. I can't believe we won't need those anymore. :cry1 Jack's two favourite yellow stuffies will be retired, but the rest can be saved for whoever comes next.

Everywhere I look there is a reminder. Nail clippers on the bookshelf, where they stayed pretty much permanently, because I had to take the opportunity to clip a nail or two when I could, with Jack. He didn't tolerate clipping very well, but he'd manage two or three nails before he freaked, if I was careful. Medicines, food and water stands, collars and coats everywhere ... I can't bear to think of it all tidied away, but I can't bear to see it every day, either.

*Sigh*

Every day will be a little better, right?

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I'm so sorry Judy. There are no words I can think of except to say Jack knew he was cherished every day of his life with you. You and Renie run and play now sweetheart and look out for your family left behind. f_yellow

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:cry1f_yellow I'm so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Jack. May he have lots of places to investigate at the bridge and lots of yellow stuffies to keep him company until you see him again. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound