Jack - 'flashing Star'

silverfish

Guest vahoundlover

My heart goes out to you, I am so sorry :grouphug Your sweet handsome fella is running healthy and whole, waiting to be reunited with you, never doubt that....he will be there.

Godspeed Jack :f_red

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mommydog

I am so sorry Judy :grouphugf_yellow I think there's always an element of guilt there when we lose one of our hounds. We second guess ourselves with what if's and maybe's. But you have no reason to feel guilty, I'm sure Jack's happiest days were spent your home. Godspeed Jack :gh_run

Every day will be a little better, right?

It will, it might not be soon, but it will be easier. Soon you'll smile about something that reminds you of Jack. You may even find yourself laughing while you're crying. Remember when you think of Jack, and it makes your heart hurt, that's just Jack turning around & getting more comfortable in your heart.

He may send you a rainbow, he may send you butterflies or your favorite bird that you've not seen in a while. Something unique will happen, and suddenly you'll realize Jack sent that to you.

I'm sure there was a huge celebration at the bridge when they all saw him coming. Tails wagging, roos in waves!

When you think you're having a bad time, remember your friends here on Greytalk. We're here...we can all honestly say We've been there...We do know how you feel.

Get some rest, heal. :beatheart

Jack knew he was where he needed to be when he made himself at home after examining every crack and crevice and around every corner in your house that first day. He knew that you were "the one". He blossomed under your care and in the process embedded himself in your heart. That's the way it is for those of us who choose to take a chance on a bounce. They give us so much joy and it hurts like someone is ripping your heart out of your chest when they go. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Godspeed Jack. :f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Judy, it has always been obvious to me how much you loved your hounds---and I'm sure they knew it too!!! I'm still so sad about Renie---my heart breaks for you, losing Jack so soon after. I'm am so, so sorry :grouphug.

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

Edited by JerseyGirlInOz

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry for your loss. Don't doubt yourself; he knew he was loved, and that you did all you could for him. And if he could, he would be the first one to tell you not to be so hard on yourself. Godspeed, Jack...

Edited by FullMetalFrank

Judy,

I am just sorry I am now seeing your wonderful tribute to your special boy Jack.

He was put into your lives for a reason. He has fulfilled his job on earth and has been called to a higher duty.

I am crying right along with you because Jack and Lee would be just about the same age and it's hitting home with me. Jack holds a special place in my heart as does Renie.

Please don't yourself or your decision(s) with Jack. Some things can not be helped like the vet who would not go out to see him. I do understand your frustration on that one but you did get help finally. Jack understands you and Andy did the best for him and loved him with all your heart. Your love for him showed in each and every post you made.

My heart is breaking for you and Andy. I just can't imagine the pain you have. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

:grouphug :grouphug

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish there were better, wiser, more profound words, but I sure don't know them. He knew you loved him, and that is the most important thing.

Judy,

No matter how it plays out-I think we would still feel guilty because we love them so much. There is always a what if and I should have...but the biggest point is we love these hounds, and they love us. So no matter what, you did right by Jack because you love him and he you.

I'm so sorry the nightmare you went through, and I pray that you find peace with the events that happened and let them go and remember the happy times with Jack and with no regrets.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest longdogs

It doesn't matter how much we care for them when they are alive, how philosophical we are about their passing, it still tears us apart to lose them. Very sorry about Jack and we are thinking of you.

How can you doubt that you did well by him? You loved him, and you got him help when he needed it.

Godspeed, Jack.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have sat and read through this thread many times today, and I have cried many tears. At times I could hardly read the screen - and many of you will know how that feels, because you've been there too. If you have, you will know how much these messages mean to me, and how much comfort can come from the kindness of all you wonderful people.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read about my beloved Jack, and also for taking the time to write, sending your comfort and hugs and flowers and stories and wisdom. It's all so gratefully received and I have read each of your names, and each message, and been very much touched. The wise words, the mention of other much-loved dogs already gone ahead, it reminds me of what a community we have here ... and I know how hard it is sometimes to come in here and read, yet alone leave a message. It's a painful place to be, and I know that, so thank you all for being here for me.

It will take a long while to get past this. It will take me a long while even to get around to sorting out the huge amount of dog stuff here in the house, cleaning and putting away the stuff we will keep for our next dogs, and packing up and donating the stuff we won't keep. The washing machine will be working overtime with bedding and stuffies and coats and jammies and the non-slip mats we have everywhere. I can't believe we won't need those anymore. :cry1 Jack's two favourite yellow stuffies will be retired, but the rest can be saved for whoever comes next.

Everywhere I look there is a reminder. Nail clippers on the bookshelf, where they stayed pretty much permanently, because I had to take the opportunity to clip a nail or two when I could, with Jack. He didn't tolerate clipping very well, but he'd manage two or three nails before he freaked, if I was careful. Medicines, food and water stands, collars and coats everywhere ... I can't bear to think of it all tidied away, but I can't bear to see it every day, either.

*Sigh*

Every day will be a little better, right?

Maybe not every day, my friend... but slowly it will.... I'm so sad they had to leave you so close together...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Oh, Judy :grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss, especially so soon after Renie. It sounds as if Jack had a wonderful life with you, never doubt that. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire