Jack - 'flashing Star'

silverfish

Oh, believe me, Jack had a GREAT life there!! He was spoiled (as it should be!), got to run free in the fields (and you could SEE how happy he was then) and got to hang out with Renie (who was another great dog) and two of the coolest humans on the planet...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to read that Jack is at the Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you for adopting him and showing him tons of love. I know Jack is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for him.

Jack will always be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Jack, you are greytly missed.

Hugs,

Carla

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Jack. Bless you for adopting him at age 10 and letting him spend his senior years as a much loved "puppy."

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Judy, I don't know what to say. Your tribute to Jack brought tears to my eyes. There is no perfect time for these things to happen. You gave Jack a wonderful life and he left this world knowing he was loved. Take care of yourself and I hope you can start to feel better very soon.

Jenn

gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg

Judy, I am so sorry that I haven't replied sooner, I have been dealing with my own health problems this week and have not found time to check in properly. I have thought of you and Jack often and was deeply saddened to hear that you had to let him go. What made me even more sad was reading that you doubted you had done enough to help him, all I can say is that I remember vividly you replying to my post when I wrote about losing my boy Mulder and wishing I had done more for him....You made me realise that we can only do our best at any given time and in any given circumstances....I truly believe that you did just that for your boy too. Please know that you are in my thoughts I send you my love too. :grouphug:f_red:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

What a great tribute you wrote to Jack. I wouldn't be too quick to throw a lot of his stuiff away just yet, pack it up and put it in a box, for a year. I know I seemed to want to get on with my life quickly after a passing, and tended to 'clean' house to rid myself of dog items that bring back memories and pain. I found out later that generally, I needed most of them with the next pup, and after time passing, seeing the old used stuffies help bring back some good memories of my pup. I was glad to see that you did get to see him one last time before he passed, and you know he was so happy to see you again, even though he was so sick he was trying to get up to see you and just couldn't do it; but he was trying - so hard. You gave him a wonderful home and lots of love which is a great finale for a dogs life. Run- pain free, Jack, run with the wind!!

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't feel guilty. You did everything you could to love dear Jack, and he knew it. We always wish we could have done more, sooner, better. But, we are only human, and must accept that we can only do our best. May your memories bring you peace and comfort.

Run free, sweet Jack.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest HersheysMom

I'm so sorry to hear about Jack.

Don't feel guilty - there are some things in life we just have no control over, as much as we wish that wasn't so. From his pictures (especially him with his ducky!) he looks like he led a very happy life with you!

f_yellow:grouphug

Guest D_MansMommy
:cry1 Judy my friend, I am so sorry :grouphug I just have to say that you have nothing to be sorry about. Life happens and you did the best you could :grouphug Jack, Renie, Susan and Jim were blessed to have lived with you and your wonderful family. They know it and are smiling down at you from heaven for giving them such a beautiful loving life :wub: You, Andy and your sons are in my thoughts and prayers :grouphug

I just wanted to check in and say thank you to all the people who added such kind words since I last posted. It really does help to know people are thinking of us and mourning with us. And your memories and insights are calming too. Thank you.

Oh, believe me, Jack had a GREAT life there!! He was spoiled (as it should be!), got to run free in the fields (and you could SEE how happy he was then) and got to hang out with Renie (who was another great dog) and two of the coolest humans on the planet...

Aw .. thanks, Jeannine. That's sweet of you. :bighug

Judy, I am so sorry that I haven't replied sooner, I have been dealing with my own health problems this week and have not found time to check in properly. I have thought of you and Jack often and was deeply saddened to hear that you had to let him go. What made me even more sad was reading that you doubted you had done enough to help him, all I can say is that I remember vividly you replying to my post when I wrote about losing my boy Mulder and wishing I had done more for him....You made me realise that we can only do our best at any given time and in any given circumstances....I truly believe that you did just that for your boy too. Please know that you are in my thoughts I send you my love too. :grouphug:f_red:grouphug

Thank you Mel. You know, it's easy to see things clearly when we aren't drowning in emotion, and I needed you (and others) to remind me of what I do truly believe myself - in my saner moments. One can only do ones best in any given set of circumstances. I did what I thought was best at the time, and there is no way I would, or could, have done anything else. Yet it seemed to me that I'd failed him.

I guess I needed the space and time and wisdom from my friends here, to begin to realise that when a life has reached its end, there is simply nothing that can be done. Various theories have been discussed with out vet, including that he had a tumour somewhere in his upper airway. If that was the case, the embolisms were a direct result of the tumour changing his clotting mechanism and with the best will in the world, no-one could have saved him. And at thirteen and a half, one has to say that quality of life is the deciding factor. If he wasn't going to recover that, why keep the poor old guy alive?

It is just so painful to live through, but it is part of life and death - and inevitable when we love our dogs.

What a great tribute you wrote to Jack. I wouldn't be too quick to throw a lot of his stuiff away just yet, pack it up and put it in a box, for a year. I know I seemed to want to get on with my life quickly after a passing, and tended to 'clean' house to rid myself of dog items that bring back memories and pain. I found out later that generally, I needed most of them with the next pup, and after time passing, seeing the old used stuffies help bring back some good memories of my pup. I was glad to see that you did get to see him one last time before he passed, and you know he was so happy to see you again, even though he was so sick he was trying to get up to see you and just couldn't do it; but he was trying - so hard. You gave him a wonderful home and lots of love which is a great finale for a dogs life. Run- pain free, Jack, run with the wind!!

You're right, and we will not be throwing out anything which can be used for the next dog/s. We have no problem with using the coats, and the beds - and most of the toys (his yellow duck and yellow chicken will be retired), and the long-dated food & supplements are packed away for the future. But there are some things we can pass on, and I have two bags of shorter dated food and treats to take to a rescue when I can decide which one.

I just can't bring myself to wash their coats and harnesses just yet, and I can't dismantle his bed. It's still sitting here in the lounge with his sheepskin in it, his pillows and his yellow duck.

I'm glad we got to see him one more time, and I'm glad he was resting comfortably when we arrived, and breathing easier. It was clear when he tried to get up, though, that he'd simply had enough.

Gosh, I miss that dog! But he is in a better place. :cry1

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I've been wanting to post, but couldn't get myself together each time I came to Jack's thread. :cry1

I just wanted you to know that your siggie pic of Jack with his yellow stuffie always made me smile. I'd actually scroll down a little right away just to see the picture. :blush He knew how much you loved him. It's obvious in all of the pictures. I hope Jack and Bonnie are up at the bridge running healthy and pain free. We'll be thinking about you. :grouphug