Sammy Having His Surgery.

Guest kaotic1

Sending more prayers...I know how hard it is to wait for Pathology reports over a holiday. Chanting this is nothing...Kiss Sammy for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bighug

Now, but, hey! Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if it is cancer, isn't it most likely to be small-c cancer? Like, operable and minor-ish? Being down on a toe, and all?

Nonetheless, I'll get to chanting right away!

*Benign bump, be gone! Benign bump, be gone! Benign bump, be GONE!*

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest SoulsMom

I've been thinking about you guys all day. I'm pretty sure they have to biopsy the bump, just to be sure. Sending tons of "not cancer" thoughts :grouphug

Edited by SoulsMom

I'm just now seeing this too. I'm so sorry you are spening your holiday waiting for test results. That truly sucks. We are not good "waiters", we become "worriers". So know that we all know how you feel, and are sending our prayers and while light out to you and Samm E. Bammer. The farther down those dang things are, the better, I think. Like Iris and Xan said, it could end up very minor. But they do need to biopsy, just to be sure.

Chanting here in the Burg.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest kaotic1

Well Mom got him home. First thing he did was go upstairs before my mom could stop him. She says he looks a bit 'peeked' right now. The poor boy has his leg in Vet Wrap and has to wear the infamous IV bag to keep it dry when he goes out to potty. How he is going to maneuver with 1 1/2 of snow and plastic bag on his leg i don't know. Keeping it dry may be hard. They only removed one tooth... so that is some good news but he is on soft foods so no Xmas biskies for him! Will my boy survive without Biskies!!!

seriously I will give back my new cell phone and anything i have to hear that!!

We all would for you, sweetie :grouphug

We'll be anxiously awaiting word. Scritches to Sammy Bammer; is he feeling OK? Ya know what? Make up some scrambled eggs and leave them in big chunks. Wouldn't a piece of that serve as a soft Biskie?

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I am glad he is home. The next few days are going to be trying, and a challenge with the snow. Don't fret too much - you can only do your best. The important thing is that he is back home with you and is now recovering. He may not have much of an appetite, as I'm assuming he is still feeling groggy from the surgery. Since he had an extraction, did they put him on pain meds?

Sending hugs :grouphug - my fingers are still firmly crossed!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm glad he's home. :goodluck on the lab report.

Re the IV bag: Perry had one once (she cut her pad on ice), and it was unbelievably slippery. I found cheap dog boots--about $10--worked well enough for her to have a short potty walk.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending loads of prayers and good thoughts for Sammy! Hope the time until Monday goes quickly and the news is good.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I just talked to the Vet and Sammy did fine in the surgery. They are worried it might be the Big C so the tissue is being sent in. Um.. I can't even comprehend that. That is just not possible. Someone is making a big mistake. Sam is only 4 years old and as happy healthy dog as can be!! My Mom is off to pick him up. I am stuck at work so she will give me an update when she gets him home. Now I have to be stressed until Monday to find the results from the tests. What i want for Xmas is to know my boy is healthy... seriously I will give back my new cell phone and anything i have to hear that!!

Good news that he did fine, and I see he's home now and only lost one tooth! Excellent. :)

It may reassure you to know that when my first grey, Jim, was around three years old, I noticed a lump on his foot which I thought at first was a tick - it was round, looked to be all on the surface, and it was that bluey black colour. Well, it turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma. The vet wanted to take the toe off, but I'd asked him to spare it if he could, and he did. When the lab results came back and we knew it was cancer, we both wondered if we'd done the right thing, and for years afterwards, whatever I took Jim into the vets for, he would feel him all over to check his lymph nodes, making sure the cancer hadn't spread.

To cut a long story short, we lost Jim over ten years later to heart failure. The cancer never did come back, though he did have one or two tiny skin cancers removed in his old age, they were a different type - I can't remember what, but apparently common and unlikely to spread..

So, hopefully, Sammy doesn't have cancer at ll, but if he does, don't despair, they're not all life-threatening. ;)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Your vet's being safe. Hugs and hopes it turns out to be One Big Nothing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Orchard Hills is one of the best around and they know their greyhounds, so he's in the best of hands.

I don't think and IV bag is going to be enough to keep his bandages dry in all this snow. You might try and rig up a small garbage bag that can go higher on his leg and cover all of the bandage. We've ended up shoveling out a couple key places in the yard - along with the accompanying path! - for the purposes of pottying. Talk about your yellow snow! And take him out on the leash if he'll do his business that way, so you can keep him a bit under control and out of the deep stuff.

Good thoughts for SammE Bammer! Have an excellent holiday!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Orchard Hills is one of the best around and they know their greyhounds, so he's in the best of hands.

I don't think and IV bag is going to be enough to keep his bandages dry in all this snow. You might try and rig up a small garbage bag that can go higher on his leg and cover all of the bandage. We've ended up shoveling out a couple key places in the yard - along with the accompanying path! - for the purposes of pottying. Talk about your yellow snow! And take him out on the leash if he'll do his business that way, so you can keep him a bit under control and out of the deep stuff.

Good thoughts for SammE Bammer! Have an excellent holiday!

Orchard Hills is great, so I wouldn't worry. I know it is hard not to though.

Get a couple of rolls of the Glad Press and Seal and wrap it over the top of the IV bag and bandage before he comes out. Take it off after he comes in, and you can air dry it and re-use it if you need to.

Guest kaotic1

When I walked in the door tonight and Sammy stood up to greet me. Nothing makes you feel loved like a sick pupper trying to hobble to his mama!! He was pretty shaky and wobbly at first and HUNGRY. The Vet said not to feed him until 8:30 so he had to wait. He even tried to beg food from me while I ate my dinner. By the time he had dinner and went out to potty he was moving around much better. He still had some trouble maneuvering in the snow. He doesn't want to potty in the snow zoomie lanes (i.e. the shoveled portion) I can't quite convince him he didn't need to worry about keeping that clear for zooming. I don't know how to tell him he isn't getting any biskies for awhile!! He always gets a bedtime biskie and gave me a nasty look when we came upstairs without giving him one.

Just now seeing this...

I'm glad he came through the surgery OK. We'll all keep our fingers crossed that his growth is just a cyst.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm glad he's home. :goodluck on the lab report.

Re the IV bag: Perry had one once (she cut her pad on ice), and it was unbelievably slippery.

I have found the same thing, try sticking some duct tape on the bottom of the IV bag, it helps a bit....also thinking positive thoughts for lab report.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Sammy sounds like a real sweetheart. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get good news.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy