Our Sweet Little Girl, Amy

Guest HoustonGreys

Oh. My.

I am so sorry. To lose one at any time is heart wrenching but two so close together - my heart breaks for you and yours.

Run free sweet Amy. Your brother is waiting for you at the Bridge.

Send your Momma and Daddy a sign that you are both ok.

:grouphug to you and your husband, Jackie

Donna

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of Amy and Misty today hoping they were both doing better, then I saw Amy's name in Remembrance! I wish I could offer more than just words to help you cope ... to loose such a sweet girl and Turbo so close together.

Hugs to you and your family,

Charla

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Guest FrostyBottoms

Oh NO! Not Amy too! I am so sorry...I just can't believe it.

:gh_run I know that Turbo was waiting at the bridge for his sweet sister.

Again...I am so sorry. :cry1

Oh my, Amy, I wonder if you are reading all this. How very much you were loved, and will always be loved. All your friends from the Unruly Chat Club, all your friends here on GT. Do you know Amy? Do you know how much we all loved you? Oh I pray that you do. God speed my little friend.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Words cannot express...what beautiful pictures. It is clear that she was SO well loved...

May you find comfort in the love of good friends and peace in the many warm memories you will always have of Amy...

run free sweet hound :gh_run

So sorry for the loss of your beloved girl Amy, I am crying with you and am grieving with you also. I know she is racing the wind and is pain free now and with all our beloved Bridge Angels. I know that my kids greeted her and is showing her around such a beautiful place. You gave Amy a Special Gift

A SPECIAL GIFT

You're giving me a special gift,

So sorrowfully endowed,

And through these last few cherished days,

Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing

When your best friend is in pain,

And understanding earthly acts

Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,

Beyond, into your soul,

I see in you the magic, that will

Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,

Is why I look to you today,

To do this thing that must be done,

For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,

And chose you as my friend,

And why I've loved you all these years...

My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,

You're giving, means to me,

It gives me back the strength I've lost,

And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,

For that is what friends do.

And know that what you do is right,

For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,

And through your hand I feel,

The courage that's within you,

To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,

Dear friend, and let me run,

Once more a strong and steady dog,

My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,

For I won't be far away,

Forever here, within your heart,

And memory I'll always stay.

I'll be there watching over you,

Your ever faithful friend,

And in your memories I'll run,

...a young dog once again.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Dear Jackie and family...Amy will be so missed. So missed.

In early 2003, I was helping the kennel master at GPA Houston at 6:00am every morning with turnout and cleaning because we were so overloaded with dogs. Amy was there. She was my little buddy. We shared a lot of talks and treats. She was an incredibly smart dog...all I had to do was open her kennel and say "out" and off she went to the yard. When it was time to go in, all I had to say was "kennel" and she ran straight to her assigned spot. She was such a good and wonderful and patient girl. We were all so happy when Jackie and Barry adopted her.

What a wonderful life she had with their family.

Rest, sweet Amy. :f_red

Love from us,

Lynn, Howie, Bull and Bea

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest HoustonGreys

With all my heart I'm saying --- there are no greater people in this world than my GT family. Losing our babies is one of the hardest things we will ever have to face (my son died when he was 28 so I know that loss also) but the love, empathy and comforting words from each of you helps make this bearable. I cherish your kind words about Amy and your concern for me and my family. To say thank you seems so inadequate so I hope you know my heart. Thank you my friends.

Sincerely,

Jackie

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Amy.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:( So sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Amy.

:f_pinkf_yellow:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry and saddened to see your loss of Amy. As others have written, the photos show how loved and cherished Amy was by you. If only they could be with us longer - the day comes too quickly that we must say goodbye. Your loss of two beloved friends in such a short time is heartbreaking and my thoughts are with you. Amy was a lovely, sweet girl that we will all remember.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest jettcricket

....My heart aches for you and your family. I so know what you are going thru. Sending you peace and white light....she will live forever in your heart. :f_pink

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. As shocking and sad as this moment is for you, Amy knew she was loved and returned her love tenfold to you. Godspeed sweet girl on your journey to the Bridge.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

I'm so sorry...the pictures say so much.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Pipi5

I woke up thinking about you today. Praying for strength thru this....its a very difficult time & your heart will need rest to heal. Trust me, I know from recent experience. Give yourself some time, but know that we are with you & you know you can call on us.

Oh Jackie:

I wish I could come right down to Houston and give you a huge hug!!!!!!!!!! I am so very very very sad about your loss of Amy. Please take care, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope that Amy is following Turbo around and hugging him for you.

Liz