Our Sweet Little Girl, Amy

Guest HoustonGreys

Guest HoustonGreys

Our Sweet Little Girl, Amy

December 16, 1998 – August 6, 2008

Found as a stray and bounced from her first “home” she came to us as a 3 week foster. At the time we had 3 Greys of our own and our daughter who was in college had 2 so a lot of the time we had 5 so we weren’t “looking to chip.” But we all know what love does to us and we fell hard for this sweet little girl with the soulful eyes. So on August 7, 2003 she became ours. Tomorrow would have been her 5th Gotcha Day --- the cake was going to be so cute and I’d had her presents for a few weeks --- a huge pillow in the shape of a crown that has “Princess” on it and 3 new stuffies. It saddens me even more that she didn’t get to enjoy her special day.

Most of you know that Amy started having problems yesterday around noon and went immediately to the vet and was started on 3 medications to try to stop or at least relieve the symptoms until additional blood work could get back from Arizona. The meds did not help and by 6:30 last night she had lost feeling in her hind end and was not able to urinate. She was in a high state of panic and would check her back-side often. She was absolutely pitiful. After a rough and sleepless night, we were at the vets by 7:45 this morning and she agreed Amy’s condition had deteriorated at an alarming speed. She conferred with a neurologist and we had the choice to try to get her to the neurologist (1 ½ - 2 hr. trip) for a test that may or may not give us any answers and the vet even said Amy may not make the trip. At that point we decided to say goodbye.

Barry and I are shocked that this could happen so soon after losing our boy. It is so true that life is not fair. Our hearts are breaking and we know our home and lives are forever changed. Amy will always be in our hearts and she definitely took a piece of our hearts with her. She and Turbo are playing at the Bridge together. Both are running pain free and happy.

I want to thank each of you that prayed for Amy and sent kind and encouraging messages in hopes of a recovery. Each message was cherished and appreciated. Hug those hounds, we never know what tomorrow may bring.

Sincerely,

Jackie

122-2212_IMG.jpg

122-2270_IMG.jpg

120-2095_IMG.jpg

120-2031_IMG.jpg

121-2152_IMG.jpg

105-0593_IMG.jpg

123-2326_IMG.jpg

Edited by HoustonGreys

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest p51crazyhorse

Oh what a horrible loss!!!! two so close to one another, I cant even imagine. what a beautiful girl she is, I am so sorry. Words cannot express....

I am so sorry. My sympathies to you and your family.

Godspeed sweet girl.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

I am so very sorry, it brought tears to my eyes reading your tribute, I can see she was loved a lot and I am again so very Sorry. :f_pink:f_red:bighug

:gh_run2 Run Free Amy!!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so very sorry for your terrible loss. I'm sure every day with you was a special day for Amy. Godspeed! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:brokenheart I never knew that my heart could break into so many pieces.Amy was so loved and by so many. We will always love you Amy, and you give Turbo a hug from us. And watch over your mom and dad. Run free beautiful girl :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest BlackandBrindle

Oh I am so incredibly sorry. My heart broke into a thousand pieces for you when I saw her name in Remembrance.

Sending prayers of comfort in this time of grief. I am so very sorry :grouphug

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Was hoping she's pull through this crisis. My heart is breaking for you. Such a very sad loss of a beautiful and cherished girl. :brokenheart Godspeed, sweet Amy... the angels are waiting for you. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

As much as we resist the idea of ever having to say goodbye to our hounds, we know that it is inevitable. More so when we least expect it. There is no time to allow our hearts to think about it. As time moves on, we know that the pain will change. Change to the warm feelings of soft memories that fill your heart. We hope that you and your family find peace in the memory of Amy and the joy she brought you. We share your sadness on the loss of your sweet girl.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest PhillyPups

Run with the angels sweet Amy, you are with some of the best ever

I am so very sorry for your two sudden losses ~ :bighug to you, I know there are no words to remove the pain, I wish there were. ~

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".