The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

I have not had a computer for over a week. So I have missed all the updates, I was just able to catch up. Wow, it looks like you are having a great Moving trip. as far as driving with no shoes, I love to drive with no shoes, and I have never heard of a law that you had to wear shoes.

The pictures are Great and I think you should write a book about your journeys, they are very interesting, I really enjoyed catching up, thanks for keeping us posted. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave from South Dakota. You just missed the tornadoes! Did you get to see Crazy Horse? It's a stone's throw from Mount Rushmore and even more spectacular.

You'll likely have passed too far to the north to see it, but there's a town in eastern Wyoming called Lost Springs. Population: 1. I cackle every time I drive through there. Wyoming's a beautiful place, but desolate.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Did you stop at Wall Drug?

Mmm... DONUTS.

It all started with one lone sign that said, "Free Ice Water." :lol

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest IrskasMom

Well now , that explains everything . I thought Jeff was out of the USGC .Thank you for inviting us to come along on

your Endeavor.It is quite Interesting and fun.

Guest poopsie1

Thanks for all the updates - the pics are beautiful. I think I might like to live in Wyoming - all that land. I can just see Stanley and Dan running to their heart's content. :gh_run:gh_run

What a great adventure you are having together :)

oh and there is a Final Destination, Final Destination II and a Final Destination III, I believe you saw II.

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest WhenIGiveIn

Great pics guys I made the round trip from michigan to CA the southern route and then home the northern route and it was amazing. IM glad you guys are getting to take your time on your way there and see some things. safe travels and I love the pics.

Guest MountainHounds
Thanks for all the updates - the pics are beautiful. I think I might like to live in Wyoming - all that land. I can just see Stanley and Dan running to their heart's content. :gh_run:gh_run

There are some good things about Wyoming, it's got some very pretty areas (and some not so pretty areas that you have to drive through to get to the nice areas), there's no state income tax, there aren't a lot of people around (and some of the ones that are can be very odd) and the cost of living isn't that bad compared to other areas. However employment opportunities are limited and the wind blows all the freaking time.

Mmm... DONUTS.

Yeah, nothing special...

I remember being less than impressed with Wall Drug when I visited as a kid. I guess I expected more after having seen signs for it for hundreds of miles, instead I remember it as being nothing more than a really big souvenir shop.

Sounds like you have had a good trip so far, hope it continues! Love the pictures. I saw report on CNN recently about bad wether somewhere, Michigan maybe? anyway, they showed traffic on the side of the highway, and you guessed it, WalMart trucks :lol

None of us will ever look at a Wal Mart truck in quite the same way again -- or not subconsciously count them....

Hey, are we there yet?? Huh?? Huh?? I gotta go potty, are we there?? :lol

:rotfl :rotfl

Mom -- make him quit poking me!

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest BackUptheTruck

Mmm... DONUTS.

Yeah, nothing special...

I remember being less than impressed with Wall Drug when I visited as a kid. I guess I expected more after having seen signs for it for hundreds of miles, instead I remember it as being nothing more than a really big souvenir shop.

That's what's so funny about it! :lol I thought the same thing, although I do love the donuts.

Same with Stuckey's on US-13 in VA - "That's it?!" :blink:

None of us will ever look at a Wal Mart truck in quite the same way again -- or not subconsciously count them....

Hey, are we there yet?? Huh?? Huh?? I gotta go potty, are we there?? :lol

:rotfl :rotfl

Mom -- make him quit poking me!

Dad, she's LOOKING at me again! Make her stop!!!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Don't make me come back there!!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest sheila

try the 'will they look?' game.

On long road trips with a companion when things get dull we play a game where every time we pass someone (or they pass us) we keep our eyes straight ahead and take bets on whether the ppl in the car that is passing will look over at us or not. (look out of the corner of your eye)

Whomever guessed wrong the most times has to gas up the car and empty debris at the next stop.

*****as we did as kids*******

*******slapping....... my own leg.......***************

Moooooooommmmmmmm........Pippin just hit me............... :weep:weep

:P:P

Did not! Did TOO! Did NOT! Did TOO! DID NOT!!! DID TOO!!!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest CampWhippet

Jeff and Trudy:

If you want to take a faster, nicer drive don't take I-90 all the way to Missoula and then up Hwy 93. Instead do this, a route I take every summer and just did yesterday.

Get off I-90 in Garrison and take Hwy 12 east for 12 miles to Avon where you go north on Hwy 141 just 33 miles to Hwy 200. Go west on 200 another 24 miles and go north on Hwy 83 for 90 miles into Bigfork where you really need to stop and see the town. Kalispell is then 17 miles north. Check it out on mapquest. It is a really nice drive.

If you refer to see Missoula then I'd say when you get to Polson (south end of Flathead Lake) take the east shore (Hwy 35) rather than the west shore (Hwy 93). The east shore is a prettier drive and will take you into a neat little town, Bigfork. I happen to be sitting in Bigfork drinking coffee right now as I type this. :)

Hope you are taking some time to see Glacier National Park - it is far grander than Yellowstone.

I'd love to meet you if you both if you do stop in Bigfork, I live three blocks from downtown right on the lake. 406/837-1116

Jonathan

Edited by CampWhippet