The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Cool pictures

Love the one of them in the seat on top of each other. That would NEVER happen with mine

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mount Rushmore seems to have grown since I last saw it. I must've been a very large child. :rotfl

Glad you were able to get close enough that it was more than postage-stamp sized. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

8 June, short day of 279 miles.

Things to look up.

USA network Movie, that playey the night of 7 June. I only saw a bit of it, but it looked good. About a girl who saw an accident (and her death) before it happened. She paused, and the accident happened killing a bunch of other people, but almost exactly like she envisioned it.... Anyone know the name of that movie?

headlight while wipers are on law, by state.

8 June, longest day, 661 miles, but the fewest wal-mart trailers, only 8 bringing the total to 79

Things to look up... Law, driving barefoot. I call BS on that one, Trudy says it is a law, though neither of us drive barefoot. I have yet to find a decent site that lists state by state driving laws.

Plutonium in power plants? I thought it was all uranium.

what does MFS stand for... Minnesota Fuel System? Large ethanol area we passed... miles and miles of land.

What is Topomax

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Final Destination 2?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I think it's Final Destination

As for state by state driving laws, try here: DMV

Just found out that it's illegal to leave an animal unattended in a car in Maryland, regardless of weather.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Da&*!!!! I meant to check in on the guesses right before you locked the thread so I could do the whole price is right, highest without going over thing (well not really, but find the lowest one in the range I was looking for and go 1 higher), but I forgot! Serves me righting for trying to be sneaky anyway.

Love the first photo of Mt. Rushmore lit up, and of course the dogs squashing heads. Yeah, that would never happen with mine either.

I always thought it was illegal to drive barefoot. I grew up in PA, so let me know whether it's true there or not. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest simile
What is Topomax

The only Topomax I know is also called Topamax. It's a drug used for seizure treatment, migraine preventative, drug withdrawls, and a few other things.

Guest lizmego

Driving barefoot - from this website, dated 1994. So it needs to be updated. Urban Legends - Driving Barefoot

American States

Alabama:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted. Exception: motorcycle rider.

Ohio:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted but not recommended.

California:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is not prohibited.

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

District of Columbia

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

American Territories

American Samoa, Peurto Rico, Virgin Islands: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

Guam:

Driving Barefoot: No information.

Canadien Provinces & Territories

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, New Foundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

Guest greybookends
Driving barefoot in NC is illegal but I can't speak for any other state.

and the proof??

That's what my drivers ed teacher told me years ago and DH was a police officer in NC for 5 years and he told me the same thing. :dunno

I just did some searching and apparently they are both wrong and I've been keeping my shoes on for no reason all these years! <_<

Edited by greybookends

Guest nerak254
Driving barefoot - from this website, dated 1994. So it needs to be updated. Urban Legends - Driving Barefoot

American States

Alabama:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted. Exception: motorcycle rider.

Ohio:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted but not recommended.

California:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is not prohibited.

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming:

District of Columbia

American Territories

American Samoa, Peurto Rico, Virgin Islands: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

Guam:

Driving Barefoot: No information.

Canadien Provinces & Territories

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, New Foundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

Good. I drive barefoot all the time in the summer.

Guest VelvetEars

My mom drove barefoot once with the windows down and a bee flew in and stung her foot. That's why driving barefoot has been illegal in our family!

Guest MountainHounds
I drive barefoot most of the time but have a pair of flip flops tucked up by the drivers seat. Who's to know. :)

I do the same. Although it appears that I don't even need to bother, although with my luck I'd step barefoot out of the car and step right onto a rusty nail or something.

the damage one match can do (fire was in the black hills in 2000)

IMG_4751.jpg

Jet and Ryan do Mt Rushmore

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

Some buffalo

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

Ryan checking out the buffalo

IMG_2537.jpg

Wyoming... pretty, but it is kind of like the land time forgot... we didn't see much other than hills and then about 134842932342369434 pounds of coal

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

Buffalo, WY

IMG_4786.jpg

Looks like the antelope are playing. :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest IrskasMom

With lots enjoyment I follow this Thread . The Pictures are beautiful and how much better can you see everything this Country

has to offer. Just for the Love of $$$$$ what makes you decide to move to Kodiak Alaska ??????? :dunno:dunno:dunno

Edited by IrskasMom

Beautiful pics

Alabama:

Ohio:

California:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted............................

I can't find anything on the MTO site for Ontario though??

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross