The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy Glacier - it's a beautiful park

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Safe Travels, are you playing lots of car games??? Anything to make the time go by, dadddddddd are we there yet??????

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

YELLOW BEETLE!!!!! BLUE BEETLE!!!!!

Punch Bug!

Red Punch Buggy, No Punch Back!

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest luckydog
YELLOW BEETLE!!!!! BLUE BEETLE!!!!!

Punch Bug!

Red Punch Buggy, No Punch Back!

Mooooom! She punched me!

I am thinking if you two survive this trip with the marriage still in tack...you can survive anything! This is QUITE the road trip!!! If you were any sports you would have taken some borrowed kids with you. :D It is really neat that you get to see so much stuff! How are those gas prices???? Would it have been cheaper to ship the cars and all?

So what is the latest Wal Mart truck count?????????

The Girls

OK, good internet connection tonight near Glacier National Park :)

11 June, 7 Wal-Mart Trailers.

things to look up. What is the lifespan of a Rail Road Tie... We saw lots and lots of them being replaced. It was a neat assembly line on very heavy machinery and hydraulics.

12 June.... Day in Yellowstone National Park.

ZERO wal-mart trailers :(

Rain, SNOW, SLEET, etc... Crappy Weather

Things to look up.... Why was there a 'Continental Divide' sign in Yellowstone park? It is all in North America!

Where the hell were the Moose hiding!

13 June, 6 Wal-Mart trailers, bringing the total to 93!!

Stopped for gas and lunch in Helena, Montana. Seemed like a great place! Who ever thought I'd like a place in Montana.

http://helenacvb.visitmt.com/

Pics from Yellowstone

Beefalo, its whats for dinner

buffalo.jpg

More tender Beefalo

buffalo2.jpg

Biggest Elk rack we saw that day out of the hundreds of Elk seen

elk.jpg

Wolf

wolf.jpg

Jet Checking out a Buffalo

jet_buffalo.jpg

Old Faithful getting us wet. Stupid wind and sulfur stinking geyser!

old_faithful.jpg

large.greyhound_signature.gif

stupid hiding moose!

Stupid deer in Montana with a death wish!

I've seen plenty of deer. Heck, I didn't have my car for 6 weeks thanks to a deer.

I want to see a moose (preferably NOT in the middle of the road while doing 75), not more stinking deer!

Guest MountainHounds

I can answer the continental divide question for you from the point of view of someone educated in the Colorado public school system. It is the point in the mountains that divides the way the runoff goes, anything on the east of the continental divide flows to the east, feeding rivers like the Missouri, Platte, Arkansas and Rio Grande, most of it eventually running into the Mississippi and the Atlantic Ocean. Anything on the west of the continental divide runs west, feeding rivers like the Colorado and Columbia river basins, flowing to the Pacific.

Guest savvyprchick
Biggest Elk rack we saw that day out of the hundreds of Elk seen

elk.jpg

Typical guy... just looking at the racks :lol

Guest Honeysmom
I can answer the continental divide question for you from the point of view of someone educated in the Colorado public school system. It is the point in the mountains that divides the way the runoff goes, anything on the east of the continental divide flows to the east, feeding rivers like the Missouri, Platte, Arkansas and Rio Grande, most of it eventually running into the Mississippi and the Atlantic Ocean. Anything on the west of the continental divide runs west, feeding rivers like the Colorado and Columbia river basins, flowing to the Pacific.

Well, I'm impressed :grad. That is very interesting. I didn't know that.

Skiing in Big Sky every February. Stayed with a friend whose house was right at the top of the Continental Divide. Scary driving down the mountain. Best part of the day was waking up in the morning and seeing the moose looking in the kitchen window. It was his mountain so we let him. Got to be careful with them cause they are pretty dumb. If you scare them sometimes, they dont know enough to turn around and run the other way. If you are in front of them they will run right over you get get away.

Is Going To The Sun Highway open?

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Moose are slow moving and have very bad eye sight. They are very unpredictalbe as well. Jeff I am so sorry that you couldn't see the beauty of Wyoming. Of course that's all in the eyes of the beholder. Have a safe and exciting trip and enjoy yourselves.

Ruth

There is also an Eastern Continental divide that runs through PA, WV, and VA (and other states, of course). On that divide, everything to the West flows to the Mississippi and everything to the East flows to the Ocean.

Guest CampWhippet
Is Going To The Sun Highway open?

Last year it opened the weekend before the 4th of July. This year they are hoping for late June.

Here's a few pictures for those that don't know this unbelievable road:

view1.jpg

tunnel.jpg

his one is the best to see the scale.....

You can't see it, but the road runs accross that mountain over there. It starts towards the lower left and goes up as it moves right. If you look close you can see it.

view2.jpg

Edited by CampWhippet