The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SakiMom

Jeff and Trudy, thank you for keeping us with you on your trip! It is very nice for you to do this. I love, love, love the pictures and the stories. Jet and Ryan seem very calm and cool! Bless you all, and a continued safe trip!

With lots enjoyment I follow this Thread . The Pictures are beautiful and how much better can you see everything this Country

has to offer. Just for the Love of $$$$$ what makes you decide to move to Kodiak Alaska ??????? :dunno:dunno:dunno

Jeff is in the USCG.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Topamax is a medication that is supposed to help people that have epilepsy seizures and is now being used for people who have migraines (that would be me- I have been on topamax now for a year and it has helped a lot)

here is some info on topamax for your reading pleasure Jeff - from topamax.com

TOPAMAX has been available worldwide since 1995. Since that time, more than 4 million patients have been treated with TOPAMAX (regardless of condition). Like many other migraine preventive medications, TOPAMAX was initially studied for another medical condition and was then approved in 2004 for use in reducing migraine frequency. Today, TOPAMAX is the #1 prescribed brand for migraine prevention in the U.S.

The studies of TOPAMAX are the largest, well-controlled clinical trials ever conducted for migraine prevention, involving over 1,700 adult patients.

How TOPAMAX Is Believed To Work-Although no one knows exactly why migraines happen, the process is believed to be a series of events in the brain that cause pain and the other symptoms of a migraine attack. For people with migraines, the brain is felt to be very sensitive to change and the nerves become overexcitable. There are many different triggers that may start the process of a migraine attack by increasing this excitability. The excitability in the brain may then activate pain-causing nerves to release chemicals around blood vessels that surround the brain. These chemicals cause inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels, which will cause head pain and throbbing. Specific areas in the brain may then become very sensitive to otherwise normal sensations causing sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, and tenderness of the scalp.

Unlike medication taken at the start of migraine pain to treat an attack, preventive medications like TOPAMAX are taken every day to help decrease the frequency of migraine attacks.

The exact way that TOPAMAX works is not known, but it is believed to help "calm" overexcitable nerves in the brain so they don't send out the signals that can cause migraines. Medical research has proven that taking TOPAMAX every day may help reduce the total number of migraine attacks that occur over time.

TOPAMAX is believed to help "calm" the process that leads to migraines. During a migraine, overexcitable nerve cells send pain signals. With TOPAMAX, it's believed that overexcitable nerve cells are "calmed" to help reduce migraine occurrence.

Have fun on the drive-It has been entertaining for us all. I especially love the photos of the places that you have visited especially Mt. Rushmore. I have always wanted to know there. Travel safely.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I want to add my thanks for sharing your trip with us. The pics have been great! Makes me want to do a road trip to someplace I haven't been. How have gas prices been?

Wishing you continued safe travels!

Kim

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

Most expensive has been NY at over $4.00 ($4.13 with our last fill up there)

MI was just over $4.00

Everywhere else has been under $4.00 so far

We didn't so much decide to move to Kodiak, AK as the USCG told us we were moving to Kodiak :lol

Y'all got out of here just in time. Gas prices bumped up over $4 in most places here the last few days. :(

The pics of Jet & Ryan smooshed together sleeping in the car are priceless! :wub:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Most expensive has been NY at over $4.00 ($4.13 with our last fill up there)

MI was just over $4.00

Everywhere else has been under $4.00 so far

Guess you didn't stop in Chicago - good thing. When I was there over Memorial Day, it was about $4.15. They said it was the most expensive gas in the continental US on the news.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

I'm very much enjoying your trip :lol

(How rude though, to have wiped out my wally truck guess on the very first day) :angry::lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We arrive in Kodiak on June 27

(How rude though, to have wiped out my wally truck guess on the very first day) :angry::lol

We should have driven through Wyoming first then.... one lone wally truck yesterday and that was actually still in SD :lol

Wyoming... pretty, but it is kind of like the land time forgot... we didn't see much other than hills and then about 134842932342369434 pounds of coal

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

I really like Wyoming, but it's technically not even a state. It doesn't have the 500,000 population required that territories were required to have to become states.

You see a lot of exits off the highway that say ranch rd 23, 24, 25...

Guest PhillyPups

WOW just WOW awesome trip. Thank you for sharing it with us ~ and please look for a few hundred more Wal-Mart trucks if you could.

Hmmm anyone have a CB that can send a hundred or so Wal-Mart trucks to the northwest region?? :lol:lol

Guest greybookends

I heard yesterday that the Northwest have coined a new phrase Junuary. :lol I sorry. Not funny for those of you living it.

10 June travels, 255 miles, and 1 lousy Wal-Mart Truck

Total of 80 Wal-Mart Trailers so far.

Nothing written down to look up today.

Make sure the cheapest gas is not 10% ethanol!

The few cents saved is overcome by the big loss in MPG.

If you see 'Unleaded Plus' the plus is 10% ethanol, and that was a more than 13% loss in MPG.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest MySkye

If you see 'Unleaded Plus' the plus is 10% ethanol, and that was a more than 13% loss in MPG.

I am amazed at how few Wally World trailers during your excursion! Just for giggles I counted on my way to work (a 47 mile one way trip utilizing I95 and US Rt. 1 to Newport, RI from N. Stonington, CT) and I counted 7 just on that leg alone! I thought for sure you would see well over 300. Crazy!

Thanks for taking GT along, fascinating journey. Glad the dogs are doing well.

Continued safe journey to you and yours.

Edited by MySkye

I've also noticed the decreased gas mileage that comes with ethanol. It's not worth the reduced price per gallon, nor the increased price of all food products containing corn, in my opinion.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I am amazed at how few Wally World trailers during your excursion! Just for giggles I counted on my way to work (a 47 mile one way trip utilizing I95 and US Rt. 1 to Newport, RI from N. Stonington, CT) and I counted 7 just on that leg alone! I thought for sure you would see well over 300. Crazy!

Thanks for taking GT along, fascinating journey. Glad the dogs are doing well.

Continued safe journey to you and yours.

I counted 15 on my way to and back from Indy Sunday. I probably missed some on 465 cuz it's hard to see all six lanes...

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest VanillaBean

oh! The pictures of wyoming are making me homesick, as you are getting close to my neck of the woods!

I thought sure I'd guessed low on Wal-Marts but now it's looking like I guessed way high. So much for my rep as a forecaster! :lol :lol :lol

Maybe you could look up why there ISN'T much of anything in Wyoming?

Hope you continue to have a safe trip -- I'm enjoying the pics.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Hannah

:yay 80 was my guess you can stop spotting them now ;)

glad the journey is going ok, hope the snow doesnt

I don't know about you guys, but we are having fun reading about your trip! I love the pictures of Mt. Rushmore at night. So cool! You can keep spotting those Wal Mart trucks for a while longer. Just stop at 251. :) Keep having a safe trip.

The Girls