The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

wishing you safe travels! What's the meaning behind post #2?

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweetpea
wishing you safe travels! What's the meaning behind post #2?

Those are all the guesses of the number of walmart trucks they'll see on their journey west x northwest.

Whoever guessed closest to the actual number spotted (without going over) wins some fabulous prize!

I love roadtrips, my favorite was 7000 miles in 15 days, wooohooo!

Keep the updates rolling, it's fun travelling along with you!

Buzzy

Safe travels! We drove from New Jersey to Washington State once, man that was a long trip!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Things written down to look up when we got to a net connection:

Population of CA

Why do we yawn

concert, John Waite with Survivor

Oh, I love John Waite!!! I am a huge Baby's fan!!

Have a safe trip, reading the snippets about the road trip is fun!

27 Wal-Mart trucks today, on the shortest day of travel. Up to 71 total.

Our journal is out in the car, so I don't have all the trip details and things to look up handy.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I'm just now seeing this thread but I'll be checking it regularly to hear about your travels, how exciting! Looks like Jet and Ryan are doing alright :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Our journal is out in the car, so I don't have all the trip details and things to look up handy.

Can I change my guess? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

No? Well then, how about a contest where we guess who will win this contest? I'm picking Batmom. :lol

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Safe travels guys, it was great seeing you on your way through. Next time ( ;) ) I'll have entertainment planned a bit better. At least the cards won't be packed. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest simile

Can you guys post a picture of a real, live wal mart truck? I've never seen one, not even at wal mart.

Guest lauri

Okay...

I thought we agreed that you stopped at MY number!

Oh. That was ME that agreed! :blush

Have fun!

Can you guys post a picture of a real, live wal mart truck? I've never seen one, not even at wal mart.

I thought they had posted one in this thread or their other (contest) thread, but I'm not seeing it now. Guess I was mistaken (it happens)

Edited by Pippin

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I thought they had posted one in this thread or their other (contest) thread, but I'm not seeing it now. Guess I was mistaken (it happens)

It's still there, Mary! I think the heat is affecting you more than you thought! :lol The picture's in the first post of the other thread.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm thinking low to mid 300s, much less than I had originally thought.

Mid to high 300's would be much better ;) .......look harder please :lol:lol

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest mountain4greys

This trip sounds like so much fun. Hope you are enjoying it!!!!

Edited by mountain4greys

Guest grey_dreams

What a great trip! Hope you can leave the rain behind soon. Scritches to Jet and Ryan. And low 300's would be a good number :lol

Today was the longest day by far, yet we only saw 8 wal-mart trailers. We are about to head to Mt Rushmore for a lit up night view, so maybe we will see a few more, but I really doubt it for today.

Hope you are having a safe and relaxing trip. We're right there with you!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I find that hard to believe since there is a Wal-Mart in Fairbanks, but here you go:

walmart1.jpg

WOW!! Those are awesome pictures! Well except the Walmart truck. ;):lol

Are you there yet? :hehe

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****