The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Guest BooMooandDoo
sure has. We came by your shop a few hours ago. Didn't realized you opened later in the day. We'll be by again later.

sorry, I thought about sending Trudy the hours. . but forgot :blush

We're open til 8, so no rush.

Enjoy the sunshine. . I wish I was!!

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jet very much enjoyed Lori's store.

Jeff had a treat in his pocket that crumbled by the time we got back to the hotel and when he pulled it out, the crumbs fell to the ground.

I don't think that girl has ever eaten crumbs off the ground.

treats.jpg

Lori has made Jet an addict for these - click

Wow - almost there! And I'm still in the Walmart Truck running! Whoo-hoo!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest BooMooandDoo

I'm glad she liked them! It was nice to meet you guys and I hope you have fun on the rest of your trip.

I doubt the Walmart ticker is going to increase once you get into BC . . . . . . . . . .but given my initial guess, I've been wrong before :rofl

What's involved with the leg of your journey on Friday? I noticed it's a estimated to take 9-10 hours even though it's only a couple of hundred miles. Is it all surface streets, do you have to catch a ferry somewhere, or what? Just curious.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes
Just curious.

So are we. Not sure why the mapping sites estimate that portion such a long time span. :lol

IIRC, that Highway is a logging road and at times will be single lane. I'm sure you won't be travelling at normal highway speeds.

Good luck on this leg of the journey. :)

Guest tricolorhounds
That's where you have to get out and walk, pulling your car behind you.

Actually, you'll have to hitch up the dog team too :lol

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

It sounds like you guys are really making the best of the trip! Trudy, are you holding up ok? I'm watching a Wal Mart commercial as I type... does that count? ;) I'm loving the pictures.. I can't wait to see Alaska! Happy thoughts of continued safe travels. Oh, and the Final Destination movies are worth seeing... all 3 are really good though they get more gruesome as they go!

This is kind of random, but I never noticed before...does it get confusing having a Jet and a Jeff in the same house? I bet when you yell for one of them the other thinks you're calling :lol

Love the car pics of the dogs...Jet has some cute earsies in a few of the pics :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I'm watching a Wal Mart commercial as I type... does that count? ;)

I saw a Wal-Mart commercial the other day that featured a Wal-Mart truck and I immediately thought of Jeff and Trudy. :rolleyes::lol

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

We saw 6 walmart trailers today

Crossing the border

IMG_5017.jpg

some random waterfall

IMG_5018.jpg

in the mountains

IMG_5019.jpg

snoozing puppies

IMG_5020.jpg

Jet

IMG_3133.jpg

view from our room. Hotel is under construction and you can get high just checking in :lol

IMG_3137.jpg

Guest IrskasMom

I so look forward to see new Pictures . Checking every Day . The Puppy Pics are priceless . Love it :):):):)

Love the photos. I see at least 1 Walmart truck on my way into the office or on the way home.

I just found out that it is not illegal to drive barefoot in NC - this came from a friend of mine that is a cop in NC. So jeff if you are ever in NC you can drive barefoot.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

another 383 miles today, bring the total so far to 4630 miles, or 7450 km.

No 'marked' Wal-Mart trailers today, so the total remains at 123

Fuel here in Canada is $5.42 per gallon :eek

Things to look up:

Who manufactured U-Haul trailers

what is the actual definition of a 'gonad' link

why is the 9/10 on fuel prices. It is even there in Canada

Why are fresh cherries pitted, but whole maraschino cherries are not?

difference between a rock and a boulder

lake vs pond

brook vs stream vs creek

no eventful pictures, there is not really anything of photographic interest here in Canada aye

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest CampWhippet
who manufactured U-Haul trailers

Aluminum Shapes LLC

".....Early in the 1960s, Aluminum Shapes cemented a relationship with Chicago-based Great Dane Trailers, one of the nation's leading suppliers of truck trailers. Aluminum Shapes also manufactures trailers for U-Haul and virtually every other leading American manufacturer of trailers and truck bodies....."

But I'm sure others make them for U-Haul too

why is the 9/10 on fuel prices. It is even there in Canada

WiseGeek's answer

Edited by CampWhippet