Brady Update

Guest savvyprchick

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the update tons more prayers that he continues to climb his uphill battle

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Phaelin and I are home now. Both Maddi and Phaelin donated blood, and once Brady had received Maddi's blood, he started feeling and looking better. He's not out of the woods by any means and we're just hoping he continues to improve so he can eventually go home......where he belongs.

It's been a very tiring day and I'm sure Stephanie and Steve are exhausted. It's been a real roller coaster ride for them, so please understand if you have tried to contact Steph and she doesn't get back to you right away....it's because they have so much on their plate to deal with right now.

Whoever talks to whoever, someone speak up if they need more Greys. I have 2 former Hemopet donors and Wayne is a big boy. Does anyone know why they aren't using the blood bank?

Thanks for the offer, Claudia. The vet hopes that they won't need any more live transfusions. From what I remember, they said that they prefered to use the fresh blood because it had more "stuff" in it that Brady needed than the frozen blood did.

Lynnet....I did tell Stephanie about your offer and she might be calling you. I gave her your home and cell numbers. I'm sorry I was so out of it when I talked to you, but I missed my freeway onramp twice :blush and was just plain clueless with the 2 drugged up dogs in my truck. :rolleyes:

The next 24 hours will hopefully tell us how well Brady is recovering. Please keep those thoughts and prayers coming.....I know he can still use them. :hope:hope:hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Very encouraged to read that Brady was able to walk to the car himself :) Sending lots more positive thoughts for him and hoping for another 'upwards' update later :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Things seem to be going in a better direction - we'll all keep those positive thoughts and prayers going so Brady will continue to get stronger and improve. Hugs to his family - they have been thru an emotional and exhausting time. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

sending more prayers!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Phaelin and I are home now. Both Maddi and Phaelin donated blood, and once Brady had received Maddi's blood, he started feeling and looking better. He's not out of the woods by any means and we're just hoping he continues to improve so he can eventually go home......where he belongs.

It's been a very tiring day and I'm sure Stephanie and Steve are exhausted. It's been a real roller coaster ride for them, so please understand if you have tried to contact Steph and she doesn't get back to you right away....it's because they have so much on their plate to deal with right now.

Whoever talks to whoever, someone speak up if they need more Greys. I have 2 former Hemopet donors and Wayne is a big boy. Does anyone know why they aren't using the blood bank?

Thanks for the offer, Claudia. The vet hopes that they won't need any more live transfusions. From what I remember, they said that they prefered to use the fresh blood because it had more "stuff" in it that Brady needed than the frozen blood did.

Lynnet....I did tell Stephanie about your offer and she might be calling you. I gave her your home and cell numbers. I'm sorry I was so out of it when I talked to you, but I missed my freeway onramp twice :blush and was just plain clueless with the 2 drugged up dogs in my truck. :rolleyes:

The next 24 hours will hopefully tell us how well Brady is recovering. Please keep those thoughts and prayers coming.....I know he can still use them. :hope:hope:hope

Thanks for the update Paula, I can't even imagine the toll this is taking on everyone. Brady just HAS to make it!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Keep fighting Brady, we are all praying for you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Machbragal

I was thinking of Brady all evening. Keeping my prayers going for this very special dog.

BRADY, WE LOVE YOU, BOY!

Sending more prayers today. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Stephanie sent a text message about an hour ago that she didn't have any news yet......she was still waiting to hear from the vet.

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Stephanie just heard from the vet.....they said Brady is alert and is eating chicken every 4 hours and they are waiting on the lab results. The lab results are what will tell us if the transfusions helped.