Brady Update

Guest savvyprchick

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHANTING!!

***Blood is clotting and absorbing. Blood is staying in it's proper place, flowing and working to heal Brady's body. Brady will be playing with stuffies this time next week! Blood is clotting and absorbing. Blood is staying in it's proper place, flowing and working to heal Brady's body. Brady will be playing with stuffies this time next week! Blood is clotting and absorbing. Blood is staying in it's proper place, flowing and working to heal Brady's body. Brady will be playing with stuffies this time next week! Blood is clotting and absorbing. Blood is staying in it's proper place, flowing and working to heal Brady's body. Brady will be playing with stuffies this time next week!***

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

:hope :hope :hope

Michelle, are you calling the vet's with Dr. C's number? Or have you been trying to reach Dr. C.?

My heart is pounding so hard right now and my stomach's in knots. C'mon Brady, sweetie :hope :hope :hope

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I think the drug for the bleeding is Aminocaproic acid

Dr Couto told our group about it

Good luck!

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Just so everyone knows.....this facility is state of the art and they have quite a few specialized vets on staff (not that they couldn't use some additional info :) ). It's not a regular vet but a critical care facility. I hope with their expertise, they are able to stabilize Brady soon. :goodluck

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Sharon, Stephanie's placement rep who lives near the vet, is ready to take her 4 dogs to give a transfusion and I told Sharon I would take Phaelin if needed also. I'm just hoping one of the dogs will be a match and that a fresh transfusion will help Brady. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

I didn't think they could do what you're calling a "fresh" transfusion ?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I kept getting disconnected from dr.couto..or they couldn't hear me or something. I tried calling to critical care places and they both tell me that brady isn't there. i'm not sure if that's because i'm not the owner or what. I left Steph Dr. C's number, so I'm just hoping she will call directly...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I think the drug for the bleeding is Aminocaproic acid

Dr Couto told our group about it

Good luck!

Thanks - just texted this info to Steph. Please keep praying :hope :hope :hope

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Sharon, Stephanie's placement rep who lives near the vet, is ready to take her 4 dogs to give a transfusion and I told Sharon I would take Phaelin if needed also. I'm just hoping one of the dogs will be a match and that a fresh transfusion will help Brady. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

I didn't think they could do what you're calling a "fresh" transfusion ?

:dunno I don't know......that's just what I was told. :dunno

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Just so everyone knows.....this facility is state of the art and they have quite a few specialized vets on staff (not that they couldn't use some additional info :) ). It's not a regular vet but a critical care facility. I hope with their expertise, they are able to stabilize Brady soon. :goodluck

Could you PM Michelle (grey14me) with the facility's name or phone #? - thank you :grouphug

Could you PM Michelle (grey14me) with the facility's name or phone #? - thank you :grouphug

I already PM'd Michelle.....that's the place that's saying he's not there. They have several buildings.....it's possible he could be in another building......or they just don't want to give the info out. I don't know.

This is such a shame, I just wish there was something we could do. I'm sure that Brady is in good hands but I remember when my Tanner was bleeding and wouldn't clot because of the VW, and my vet was away at a conference, a call was made to Jean Dodd from Hemopet and whatever was said in that conversation, saved Tanner's life. And when I offered to bring Wayne in who was a Hemopet donor, the vets told me they can't just do a "live" transfusion like that. We are praying real hard for this boy :hope:hope:hope

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, I didn't realize that - sorry! and thanks so much for your support.

No problem. :) If you sense any frustration in my post, it's because I feel so helpless. I just want Brady to get better......as I know everyone else does too. I'd love to just go take Phaelin......whether it would help or not.

Guest myjazzy

I am totally brain dead. :headwall You would think it would ring a bell. I went through this with Darla, and Dr. Couto told my vet about Amicar. It worked to stop the bleeding. Have they transfused Brady with some platelets? It is imperative that Brady's vet get in touch with Dr. Couto, so they can start him on the Amicar ASAP. BTW it's a human drug and the vet needs to get it from the regular pharmacy. Prayers for the sweet boy. Come on sweetie, hang in there. :hope

Edited by myjazzy

Guest savvyprchick

Update from Steph:

Brady's platelet count is dangerously low. And he needs those before a transfusion.