Brady Update

Guest savvyprchick

Warm wishes and good thoughts from New Jersey. We have been thinking of you everyday.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I spoke with Stephanie earlier today, she was pretty upset about Brady's condition, but a few hours ago, he was doing better. This morning, he didn't want to eat, so they went to see him and brought some roasted chicken which he inhaled. The vet was pleased that he finally ate. They have pressure bandages on his front legs to help the blood move back to his torso so it can get absorbed into the body (I think......my brain hasn't been able to retain too much of what she tells me.....I'm just so worried about how Brady is doing). I believe Brady's vet has talked to someone at OSU (I don't know if it was Dr. C or not) and OSU said they would be doing exactly what Brady's vet is doing as far as his care is concerned.

They were going to take a break and catch some dinner and then go back and see him, so if I hear from her again, I'll post another update.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

As of 8:20 pm there was no change in Brady's condition yet.

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Guest KRKWMU

Just checking in...all of Brady's family and friends are probably way beyond exhaustion.

Brady...keep fightin', big man. You can win this battle! :candle

OMG! OMG! Steph just called and she told me the vet said he thinks Brady is doing so well he thinks they can bring him home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confetti:yay:bounce1:bounce:banana:couchjump:pinkele:bounce8

I just can't tell you how happy this makes me. I almost screamed into the phone when she told me. They are on their way right now to go see him and bring him some more roasted chicken. The vet said that Brady is peeing, pooping and doing everything else he should be doing. He also said the pred that Brady is on will actually help his liver along with helping the vasculitis. Brady's legs are still wrapped up but the vet expects the swelling to go down over the next few days.

Thank you for all your prayers, white light and good thoughts. Steph and Steve have been through so much this last year with Penny and then Brady and I'm so happy that they've had such tremendous support from all of you.

I just listened to my voicemail and heard the same wonderful news!!! Good boy, Brady!!!! :confetti :confetti :confetti

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

:confetti Great news! Keep going, Brady!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest SoulsMom

Such good news!!! I've been away this weekend and wondering how he's been doing. Keep up the good fight Brady!!

:confetti:confetti:confetti How GREAT...such a long road for Brady and his family. I honestly think I lost weight over this one :confetti:confetti:confetti

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

:confetti:confetti:confetti How GREAT...such a long road for Brady and his family. I honestly think I lost weight over this one :confetti:confetti:confetti

I think I gained. :blush:lol

:confetti:confetti I'm soooooooo excited about this I had to come back again!! A couple of people have been calling to check in from Utah and I can't wait to get their calls today. So many people fighting for Brady :confetti:confetti

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

What fabulous news :confetti

*leak*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!