Brady Update

Guest savvyprchick

Guest myjazzy
He gets platelets from a transfusion. I am confused.

Sending lots of prayers!

They can give him a transfusion of just platelets to boost the platelet count and maybe help the blood clot. That way he gets more platelets than he would get with a whole blood transfusion.

Edited by myjazzy

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady is having a platelet only transfusion first. I believe he will be needing another regular? one after that. It turns out that his sister, Maddi is a PERFECT match, so that is good news. They will need more than she can give, so Sharon is heading over with two of her dogs, hoping for another match there. Steph was told that the next 24 hours are critical and if this doesn't work, they just don't know what else they can do for him...so keep the prayers coming... :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I'm on my way over there with Phaelin.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Paula, please mention the clotting drug when you get there...I keep forgetting to mention it to Steph when she calls.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am so sorry that Brady is in such critical condition - this is heartbreaking for everyone. My prayers and good thoughts are added to the many that Brady will pull thru this illness.

:hope :hope :hope:candle :candle :candle

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

*Blood is in the veins, moving healthy healing blood wherever it needs to be! Blood is in the veins, moving healthy healing blood wherever it needs to be! Blood is in the veins, moving healthy healing blood wherever it needs to be!*

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Everything crossed on this side of the pond :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I keep checking too hoping things turn around for Brady. I can't even imagine what his mom is going through. We'll keep praying hard. I don't understand why they're not using the blood bank but I guess there must be a reason.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending lots of prayers and white light. Please Brady be strong you can pull through this..... :hope:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Everything crossed here and lots of prayers. I keep watching this and hoping and now darn it I have to go to work. Will still have everything crossed though. Hoping for good news when I get home.

Ruth

:hope:hope:hope:hope

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****