Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwww....look at that beautiful smile when she is with her Daddy. She is making such awesome progress! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My internet has been out for a week and I am just now seeing this. I am sending post-op prayers to Darcy. It sounds like she's doing very well. She looks really good also.

I'm hoping that since it's after 2 p.m. over there and we haven't had an update this all means things are going smoothly . . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Hot off the press Patsy!

Afternoon :) (And welcome to day 5, post amp)

We decided that Darcy needed a bit of a boost and a bit of 'normality' in an attempt to lift her mood and get her going a little bit so, given the fact that when we take her out to the front garden, she makes for the car, we decided to take her in the car, to our normal walking area. We knew that the walk she did would be far from normal but at least she would feel that it's somewhere familiar and it's more interesting than our back or front garden.

So we got her up (reasonably easily) and she walked out to the car and then Marc lifted her into the boot.

Mistake one occurred here. Should have allowed for some toileting time in the front garden :rolleyes: Set off to the walkies area and marvelled/trembled at Darcy standing up in the boot whilst the car was moving. Then got the smell and realised that a slight toileting accident had occurred. Stopped car and did things with plastic bags.

Continued journey (with windows open) and arrived at walking location.

Marc carried Darcy out of the boot and she walked over to the start of the grassy area and did a walk. She did a bit of sniffing and walked about 30' and then decided she'd had enough and lay down to eat some grass and take in the view (but mainly to eat grass).

Then we made our (very short) way back to the car and I video'd her doing this. As Darcy reached the boot of the car I stopped videoing and I really wish I hadn't because as Marc opened the boot and then when to lift her in - she climbed in herself :eek

She came home, walked over to her bed and lay down and had a big drink. I'm not expecting her to move again until tea time which I think is fair enough after her big efforts today :wub:

Here are a few piccies and I'll add the video clips later.

Not walking but sitting pretty

ce1252bdf8fac3f372c2a5a457212920.jpg

"It's nice here but I'm a touch tired so can we go back now?"

cccf97ac906eaf874719ca5202659a39.jpg

Back home, very tired and with T shirt removed because it needs washing

76daf199afce7a8619a62f57806a5cca.jpg

Massive improvement in the bruising today. It's amazing how much better it is than yesterday

04910d44f3005454274b2555a6158745.jpg

"Thank you for checking up on me. I'm going for a kip now" :yawn:

0f06093dc1d0d13e41d72e60b5c8c396.jpg

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

y'all have a nice kip, darcy - after all a girl needs her beauty sleep.

that incision is looking really good, you must have had a very good surgeon.

give her our best wishes from wayne, blue and millie.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

She's looking pretty happy Bev and very pretty in pink. Cuddles to you Darcy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Ah yes. The nap. It didn't quite work out that way (why does that come as no surprise...)

I got concerned that her heart rate seemed high and that her breathing was very fast - not open mouthed panting but fast closed mouthed breathing. I watched for a while and she seemed a little aggitated. Called the vet and got a answermachine. This has NEVER happened before in all the years we have used this practice. If it's out of hours, the call gets transferred to the vets mobile phone.

Anyway, I thought I must have misdialed so I did it again - and it was the same :huh Third time I called I left a message, assuming that he was stuck in some emergency situation (but really, he'd get someone else to answer his phone if he couldn't so this didn't really feel right). After about an hour (and Darcy was the same - not distressed but with me not being 100% happy with her) we decided to go to the vets anyway because there is always a nurse there even if the vet is at home (out of hours).

Got to the vets, saw the nurse, she called the vet on his home number (he lives about 10 mins away) and got him in. Turns out there was a problem with the emergency phone divert thingy - and there was no sign of my message which I left :blink:

The vet examined Darcy, listened to her heart and lungs etc and said they were fine. Her heart rate is up a bit but its to be expected. Took her temperature and found that to be slightly raised (just over a degree). The wound itself is healing fine and doesn't look to be infected at all. She's got some shaving rash from the clippers and this is obviously irritating her. She's got some cream for the shaved area and she had a long lasting antibiotic and then she demonstrated her walking on the way out (well, on the way in too but we were already inside the vets when he arrived so he didn't see much of it then) and he said that she was doing well and was pleased with her.

He's still going to see her at her previously arranged appointment on Tuesday at 4pm.

(Are we having fun yet?) :wacko:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

For me? :unsure

:lol Now, she's having her nap after eating a good dinner :)

Keep up the fight sweetheart...we are so proud of you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

If only I enjoyed adult beverages, now would be a good time to have a few :lol

This is the video clip we took today when we went for walkies CLICK FOR CLIP