Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looks wonderful! Give her time, she probably needs to build up endurance on walking on three legs.

I'm sure she will really thrive now being out of the house and going on walks again.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest TaniandMalachy

Darcy, you really are amazing.

Considering it's been less than a week since her amp and she's undergone so much in that short space of time, she's a walking miracle, really.

:haha:wacko: <--- Marc in the video.

Sorry Marc!

Edited by TaniandMalachy

She looks great. I don't know many people who would be up and around like that after an amp., so I say, Go Darcy!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I agree with DeVon, she's going to have some ups and downs. And she may be tired, too, and it's all catching up with her. I'm sure she'll have a romp one day that will cheer your heart. :wub:

Guest GriffinsMom

She looks fantastic. Darcy has always been one of my favorites of your herd. But then so is Sally, and Sprout, and Stanley and...they are all wonderful. Heal quickly Darcy. :grouphug

I'm pleased to report that Marc has suffered no ill effects from his head incident. Or, none that I can tell anyway :lol

We've been to see the vet this afternoon with Darcy. When we got to the waiting room, Darcy attempted to climb up on the bench :blink: The receptionist asked how she was doing and we said how miserable and sad she'd been, at which point the receptionist said "Helloooooo Darcyyyyy" and Darcy did wild tail waving ( :angry: ) :laugh: . Then the vet appeared, to discharge another patient and came to see Darcy and she....wagged her tail at him and gazed at him adoringly ( :angry: ). I said she was having trouble getting from a laying down position to a standing position - at which point, Darcy virtually leapt to her feet ( :angry: )

Then we made our way into the consulting room and Darcy lay on the floor, with her head up, gazing at the vet like so :wub: The vet gave her a liver treat. Much more gazing then took place like so :wub:

The vet took her pulse, listened to her heart and lungs, checked her wound, prodded and poked a bit and declared her to be doing well. He said that as she gains strength and learns to bear her weight differently, her back legs will straighten more when she's walking.

She trotted back to the car very nicely and climbed into the boot herself.

I chatted with the vet about various natual supplements used for the treatment of cancer and I gave him some info to look up (artesiminininininn or whatever its called) and he gave me some to look up. We are lucky in that our vet, although he is not a young vet, is very open to non conventional treatments.

We said we would see him again once the lab results are in.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm pleased to report that Marc has suffered no ill effects from his head incident. Or, none that I can tell anyway :lol

We've been to see the vet this afternoon with Darcy. When we got to the waiting room, Darcy attempted to climb up on the bench :blink: The receptionist asked how she was doing and we said how miserable and sad she'd been, at which point the receptionist said "Helloooooo Darcyyyyy" and Darcy did wild tail waving ( :angry: ) :laugh: . Then the vet appeared, to discharge another patient and came to see Darcy and she....wagged her tail at him and gazed at him adoringly ( :angry: ). I said she was having trouble getting from a laying down position to a standing position - at which point, Darcy virtually leapt to her feet ( :angry: )

Then we made our way into the consulting room and Darcy lay on the floor, with her head up, gazing at the vet like so :wub: The vet gave her a liver treat. Much more gazing then took place like so :wub:

The vet took her pulse, listened to her heart and lungs, checked her wound, prodded and poked a bit and declared her to be doing well. He said that as she gains strength and learns to bear her weight differently, her back legs will straighten more when she's walking.

She trotted back to the car very nicely and climbed into the boot herself.

I chatted with the vet about various natual supplements used for the treatment of cancer and I gave him some info to look up (artesiminininininn or whatever its called) and he gave me some to look up. We are lucky in that our vet, although he is not a young vet, is very open to non conventional treatments.

We said we would see him again once the lab results are in.

:lol:lol:lol

Good girl, Darcy!!! :lol

:lol Darcy, you mooch!! :lol

Wabi does that, too, btw. "Oh, it's so hard to get up, don't you see how difficult it is, how hard I'm trying ... oh, it's too much." *cue violins* UNLESS it's something she wants sufficiently! :rolleyes: Like, "Wabi, time to feed the kitties!" (General feeding time cue.) Or, start giving treats to the other dogs elsewhere! ;)

So glad to read that she's just playing you like slot machines full of treats and love! :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

"and we said how miserable and sad she'd been"

But Bev - that's ALWAYS been Darcy's schtick!! I'm soooooo pathetic!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

:lol Darcy, you are too funny!

Yeah, hysterical :angry:

:lol

(She has reverted back to form and gone miserable) :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Awwww...such a little Diva! Keep up the good work honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I dreamed about Darcy last night. She apparently came all the way to Canada to swim in a local pool and partake in a celebratory barbecue afterwards. She was quite a celebrity. So if she can do all that she is going to do just fine!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

She's about to be trundled off on her walk (much to her disgust). Watch this space for updates when we get back :D

Well, give her a kiss from us and tell her she's beautiful. Happy walking!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.