Della Needs Thoughts And Prayers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your girl truly has IBD please be careful feeding all of thoses tasty morsels :P IBD can be brought on by a food allergy-- for example if my IBD dog even eats the smallest amount of chicken it will land him right back in the hospital. I would try to feed LOW FAT novel proteins and novel carbs. Novel being something she has never had before--rabbit, duck, vension etc and a carb would be something like potato. Remember LOW FAT. I know that her weight is concerning but fat is very hard to digest and it will give her diarrhea! Sorry if this has been mentioned before--I must admit I haven't read all of the previous posts. B)

Edited by tbhounds

Yesterday evening she'd go to the water bowl and walk away. Time and time again without drinking. I put her to bed in the kitchen with a bed covered in towels because she likes to nest and gave some water (which she drank some of).

I was attempting to sleep in the living room but she knew I was there and was whimpering. Took her out...nothing. After 1:00 in the morning I had to go to bed and thought she might go to sleep too. Took her out first and she peed.

Six this morning she had had another smaller blowout (probably because of the lack of food) and some vomiting. The look on her face was different. Sort of like she knew this wasn't right.

She turned her nose up at kibble and canned food but did eat the canned chicken and tuna again. She's lost more weight and looks like a walking skeleton. I've never seen a dog so thin...you can see her entire shoulder blades...not just the tops.

Scott took her in this morning. She's lost another five pounds since last Tuesday. Now weighing 49 pounds. The vet said he could change one of her meds to the azathioprine that we discussed previusly but it takes about three weeks to work and he felt she didn't have three weeks.

She just looked different today. The vet says that when they get to that stage, it makes them sad because they know they're not supposed to be going potty inside. He said it was probably painful to lay on her bones. When I think of it, the last two days she has been roaching almost all the time.

When Scott put the other three outside to put Della in the car, they went to the gate and were crying. Scott brought them back in and Ben ran to the front window and was crying. They never fuss like that.

She didn't want to lay on her side at the vets and wanted to stay in the sphinx position. Scott talked to her, loved her and she passed quietly. They will make a "paw print" whatever that is for us.

Hopefully she's running with Inky, Maui and Murphy, full bodied and happy. We miss you baby girl.

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

I'm so sorry. Run free Della. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh, crap. I am so sorry for your loss. I was reading her updates everyday.

There will be a new star in the heavens tonight for sweet Della.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest argolola

I'm crying like a baby, as my heart is breaking for you. Please take comfort in knowing that she will never be sick again. You gave her a wonderful life.

Go with God, Della. You will always be loved.

Edited by argolola

We are all so very sorry for your loss.

May she find comfort and peace. Run free sweet Della.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh I'm so sorry. She's all better now. Hugs to you all.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

We are so sad for the loss of your sweet Della.thsadwalk01.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Run pain free sweet Della.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

So sorry to hear this.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."