Della Needs Thoughts And Prayers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm so glad that Della had a restful night and things are going well today......fingers crossed for continued improvement!

All paws crossed she continues to improve.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a good report! Keep up the good work sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Gentle ear scritches for Della. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Wow, I'm so glad to hear the good update! I'll keep Della in our prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Della woke up 5:30 this morning and vomited. Did mini-lap around the coffee table but didn't eat. Slept most of the day. Drank some water. Peed around 5 o'clock this evening. Refused dinner.

We called the vet and was told to give her tuna, cottage cheese, yogurt, boiled or canned chicken or baby food. Scott has to go out tonight and I will go to the store. Any tips or suggestions of what I should get or just get it all? What type of baby food? What works for you? It just goes against everything we've been doing but I guess we're desperate now.

If we can't get her to eat she needs to go back in for fluids. :sad1:cry1

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Guest argolola

We get baby food for Lola as a treat. Mostly chicken, veal or turkey. Just make sure there is no onion powder in the ingredients. I give vanilla yogurt also.

Others will know better than me what to suggest for the tummy. God bless Della. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest PiagetsMom

I was so hoping that Della was moving past her stomach problems.....at least no diarrhea. I'm not knowledgeable or experienced enough to give any advice - I guess if it were me, I'd probably get it all and offer it one a time to see what might tempt her and sit well with her. Others will have much better advice for you.

Sending good thoughts Della's way - please let us know how she does. :grouphug

We called the vet and was told to give her tuna, cottage cheese, yogurt, boiled or canned chicken or baby food. Scott has to go out tonight and I will go to the store. Any tips or suggestions of what I should get or just get it all? What type of baby food? What works for you?

I would get it all plus some lower-salt lunchmeat (Healthy Request turkey, maybe), some braunschweiger (liver sausage) if they have it, a few eggs if you don't have any in the house, a little ground beef, and maybe a can of spaghettios or ravioli. None of it spoils instantly so you can use it up gradually over the next weeks, as add-ins to her more appropriate meals.

Dunno for baby food, I'd probably go for the meats, especially liver. Usually I just get chicken livers, poach them on the stove or in the microwave. If you get the ground beef, you can do the same thing -- cook gently in microwave or on stovetop and drain some of the fat off.

Things that B ate when he was feeling picky included: Any kind of noodles in sauce (hence the spaghettios), Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl Bread, graham crackers, scrambled eggs (with or without parmesan cheese), chicken livers, and Tripett (canned green tripe for dogs). Also anything a person was eating -- that is a huge draw so you could try sitting down with a bowl of yogurt or graham crackers or peanutbutter toast and doing "bite for me, oh did you want some?, bite for you, bite for me" .........

Hugs and luck.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dylan did baby food for a bit. I used the oragnic meat kind and made sure it was low sodium. I made a puree of the baby food, organic brown rice and boiled chicken and fed him that for about a week or two before his surgery.

:grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I'm off to the store. Thanks for the suggestions. She did make a squirt a little while ago. She hasn't drank a ton of water today...just little sips here and there. Sometimes I think it's all the medicines but I know she was much worse without them.

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

I got a lot of it except the liver sausage. What we have here is made with onions. She wanted no part of the plain yogurt (which she used to love) or cottage cheese.

She did eat, with gusto, a small can of organic white chicken and a can of tuna (both packed in water). I think I will stop for now and see how everything sits. I bought boneless skinless chicken breasts to cook for tomorrow. I do have more canned chicken and tuna. Trying to keep it simple.

I think maybe I will make her a bed in the kitchen and me sleep in the living room so I can hear her if she has to go out or gets sick tonight.

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.