Della Needs Thoughts And Prayers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott brought her food to her this morning. Her condition is "guarded" whatever that means. She hasn't eaten since Monday evening but they fed her this morning and she gobbled it up.

She will spend another night at the hospital. If they can slow her gi tract down and get a handle on her squirts she can come home tomorrow. If she continues like she has been they're not too encouraging. If it's cancer she will continue to deteriorate.

They have nicknamed her Helter Skelter because if her explosive range. Unfortunately today it just keeps running out of her behind as she walks. Something is very bad. I asked them to throw anything they could think of to stop it at her. They will.

Scott saw her this morning and she was bright and alert. Her body has accepted a little hydration but I think not as much as they would have liked. Her regular doctor that was with her last night will be in tomorrow.

Thank you for all the prayers, candles and good thoughts.

Have to go back to work. Will keep you posted.

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Sending my strength to Della - hang in there and get better, sweetheart!

One suggestion - ask your Doctor about Della's esophogus (sp?). Our Janey's suddenly became flaccid, and no food or water could get down, and everything inside was coming out her bottom. I forget the term ---- megasophagus? Just a thought....

Good luck and love to the tiny patient.

Jackie

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

I'm so sorry your Della is going thru this. I know how stressful it must be for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick diagnosis and some successful treatment.

:candle:candle:candle:hope:hope:hope

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

sending prayers for Della! :hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry you and Della are going through this. Unfortunately we have been through similar issues with Clay who has IBD and PLE. Finding the right single protein food and a combination of medications (with help from Dr Couto) has been Clay's life saver. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Della!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

The GT magic is helping. Latest report this evening is that they have stopped the diarrhea. She went from uncontrollable leaking poop water this morning with a belly that sounded like water sloshing to no more squirts. We are praying it will stay that way.

She is not gobbling her food but is doing what they call "grazing."

We'll take any improvement we can get. This evening's vet was in emergency surgery so hopefully we can get more info later.

Thank you for hanging in there with us. Will keep you posted.

Edited because of typing skills.

Edited by Zoolady

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Sending many more prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for Della. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Winterwish

Glad to hear Della is a bit improved. She must be exhausted and you too!

Continued get well wishes and thoughts of healing for Della. :dogcookie:hope

What a good improvement - maybe Della has turned the corner and will begin to heal and recuperate. We'll all keep praying and thinking good thoughts for you. :hope:hope

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy