Della Needs Thoughts And Prayers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor kid. Could it be some sort of severe food alergy? I hope seh's better soon.

She had a few food changes and is on the herring/sweet potato to keep it simple. We were almost doing fine until we added the new food Sunday. She won't be having any more of it and will go back to the herring tomorrow.

Pancreatitis?

I don't know. They're giving her tests and fluids now. Will keep everyone posted when we hear more.

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Sending prayers for Della. Hope she is on the mend very soon.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm very sorry to read about Della's digestive issues...I hope it's nothing serious!

My very best wishes for a quick recovery!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Sounds serious. :( Glad she's on IV's for now. Sending lots of prayers and light to your girlie. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Pancreatitis?

Della's symptoms are identical to LaceyLaine's when we almost lost her due to Pancreatitis. Sending many prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Pancreatitis?

Della's symptoms are identical to LaceyLaine's when we almost lost her due to Pancreatitis. Sending many prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

I will certainly be asking a lot of questions about pancreatitis. Thank you.

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

We just called again. Her regular vet, Dr. Krane, is with her tonight. She says there is no evidence of pancreatitis and her radiographs are normal. Her white cells are high as well as her liver enzymes.

She's had two more diarrhea blowouts.

We have the printed estimate of what they're doing. I don't understand half of it but here it is.

Catheterization/Cephalic

Fluid-Plasmalyte A TRV 14X1L

Boarding-Hospital-Canine-Over 50?SHIFT

Nursing Care/Shift - Level 2

Doctor Care/Shift Level 2

Metronidazole Injection 500 mg/ml

Ondansetron injection

Radiology - initial view

Radiology - view each additional

General Health Profile

Blood pressure/initial reading

IV fluid pump/shift

They are gently suggesting it's cancer but hoping for the best.

We are to bring her food in the morning.

They are amazed at how happy she is with all that's going on. It's like she's at camp. So excited and loving to see everyone.

That's our Della. :wub::beatheart

I'm sure the Dr ran bloodwork--how were her protein levels?? If her proteins were low (TP, Albumin, glob.) she could have PLE from IBD. If so (and I assume they are already thinking of that because I see she was put on pred.) your Dr may want to try her on a medication called Budesonide--it saved my boys life! It's a steroid that is also used with folks out there that suffer from Crohns disease. You don't get the side-affects that you would with pred such as increased drinking and urinating as it for the most part it stays in the GI tract. I would suggest that she has an ultrasound performed. A board cert. U.S. Dr could rule out other issues such as GI Lymphoma (GI masses) etc.

She might have to go to a referral hospital to have further more conclusive diagnostic's performed such a endoscopy ect. Best of luck with her--feel free to p.m. if I can help further.

If her white count is high, I would wonder why no antibiotics?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I was wondering that too.

You have our prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Poor Della. That diarrhea has got to be making feel awful. Good thoughts for Della on the way.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

may already be answered on the next page, sorry if this is a repeat:

metranidozole is Flagyl. that is antibiotics and antiamoebic as well as antiinflammatory for the GI tract.

I thought of a wicked IBD flare as well since the food had to be changed and changed suddenly. Hope her system settles down with her meds and the return of the "old" food.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

may already be answered on the next page, sorry if this is a repeat:

metranidozole is Flagyl. that is antibiotics and antiamoebic as well as antiinflammatory for the GI tract.

Yes, I'd've just thought if the white count is high you'd want to add something to that ........ But that's probably why I'm not the vet. :)

Hope baby girl is better this morning!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.