We're Hitting The Highway

Guest Tenderhearts

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts

I am in shock. Got the call on the test results and basically there is nothing else we can do. Her bilirubin has now shot up to 21, from 16.9 when she first got there. She's too sick for a biopsy.

She's dying. We're bringing her home today. Unfortunately my vet works the cattle sale barn in Pratt every Thursday, but I called this morning and talked to his wife (she's a certified tech). We're tentatively scheduled for euthanasia tomorrow morning at 8, but will take her today if it's time.

I am going to vomit.

OMG No!

I am so so sorry. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry DeVon. It doesn't seem possible. The fruitbat is such a huge presence here, she'll be sorely missed. :grouphug

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

Guest greybookends

Devon I am so sorry! I can't stop crying I can only imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and sweet Skittle. Hugs and prayers for both of you. :hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

This can't be happening. Oh DeVon, I can only imagine the devestation you and Amber are feeling. :cry1

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Give her a smile* and a kiss for me.

*Hard for you, I know. I'm so sorry. It doesn't seem possible or fair or anything else but rotten rotten rotten. Sending hugs and strength your way.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bowiebears

I am so so sorry!

Hugs and prayers for you and all yours! This is a very difficult time, I know.

I pray you will find comfort and peace despite this horrible, terrible trial.

--Isaac

Guest fountainpengwen

Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry, DeVon! :grouphug:

Big hugs to you, Miss Amber, our favorite Fruitbat, and all your crew.

Guest jettcricket

...I'm just sitting here in shock. I don't know what to say. I'm so, so sorry. I just can't believe it. This is not supposed to happen. :cry1

Oh Devon :weep

I am so sorry. You know we love you and are heartbroken right along with you.

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest boondog

This can't be happening. Not to the beautiful Fruitbat. Please know that I'm praying for you, Miss Amber, and Skittle.