We're Hitting The Highway

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest SquanHound

Oh thank goodness!!! Please give Skittles a big :kiss2 from me!!! I am so glad to hear that she is coming home.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Skittle is on the mend and can come home!!

Whatever the problem was I hope it stays away.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest nerak254

I'm glad she's doing better and will be coming home. Goody lived a good life for several years after an episode very much like this.

Guest KRKWMU

I'm just reading all of this now. So glad to hear Skittles is doing better and that she gets to come home soon! Hope all of you have a good week!

Guest Tenderhearts

I'm going to go see her this afternoon! I had boiled up a bunch of chicken this past weekend when she was ill, so I just called a bit ago to see if I could go ahead and drive over to see her after I drop Amber off to work at 4, and bring some chicken, and they said that would be fine. Her primary vet will be in at 5 for evening shift, so that will coordinate nicely with talking further with her too!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hug my big white baby, and I know her poor emtpy tummy will appreciate the chicken! :chow:nod

Guest vahoundlover

YAY!!!! Thank doG she is feeling better and coming home soon! Please give her a big kiss for me. :kiss2 Hope whatever "it" was, is gone for good!

Such awesome news! Hurry home Miss Princess of Pinkness! :confetti:clap:bounce1

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So glad she is doing better! :yay

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Sending little Skittle scritchies from afar. Can imagine how happy she'll be to see you!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Tenderhearts

That was a tough visit. :cry1 I expected a still very yellow dog and not up to par. What I didn't expect was no tail wags. She is still weak and seems depressed, and understandably so.

I was there for two hours doing nothing but hugging, rubbing, and scratching her. I told her how many people were praying for her. I took Mr. Monkey, Randy's usual drag-around stuffie, hoping it would make her feel a bit better.

They had given her a bit of the canned L/D, but she wouldn't touch it. They are going to give her some chicken tonight (just visited with the vet via phone 10 minutes ago) as they were wanting to see if she would eat the L/D while I was there.

She's lost a lot of weight, all the excess skin she has (which is a lot) is really saggy right now. Her yellow belly had been shaved for the sonogram.

The jaundice is extremely visible on her head/face because of the short hair there. You can see in the pictures how yellow she is. I felt so bad leaving her there. They will run another blood chem in the morning to see where her bilirubin is at now before we bring her home.

If the bilirubin isn't down, we've got serious problems, and I've got a heartbreaking decision to make. Liver cancer is still a possibility.

In the one picture it looks like she has a rash on her snout, but it's just brighter yellowish orange splotches from the jaundice :(

053007skittle.jpg

053007skittle2.jpg

053007skittle3.jpg

053007skittlebelly.jpg

053007skittle4.jpg