We're Hitting The Highway

Guest Tenderhearts

I've missed so much in the few days I've not been around on GT. I'm so sorry to read that our favourite Fruitbat is poorly :(

Thinking of you all and sending good wishes :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending many more good thoughts to you Skittle--and if you could arrange not to break the bank, I'm sure your mommy would be eternally grateful. Special scritches to you for being such a good girl at the hospital and not even thinking about biting anyone--we're all proud of you.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Checking in for a pupdate. Hugs, prayers and healing thoughts continued. Get well soon o' princess of pinkiness.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

:grouphug Just checking in for an update and to add a few more prayers. I read the beginning of this thread at home last night and Faith wanted me to type this message to mama's friend in the computer:

"I LOOOVE Skittles, the candy skittles and your puppy Skittles who is super cute, I am blowing a kiss to her through the computer and out my bedroom window to help her feel better and help you not worry"

We are all sending your prayers D :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest fountainpengwen
:grouphug Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and Skittle! And for Mr. Randy, who is missing his best buddy.

I just saw this.

Skittle you have to get better. Everybody misses you not being home. Many Many prayers on the way for Skittle.

Keep us posted DeVon when you can.

Edited by Greylover97

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest Tenderhearts

Skittle will be coming home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

She had a good night, and they said she was exceptionally good for the sonogram this morning, which amazed me. I was praying that having a bunch of strangers flip her belly up and keep her that way for the procedure would freak her out, but she was good.

Everything came back normal with the sonogram, xrays, and CBC, except for the slightly enlarged liver.

She will be receiving 24 more hours of palliative care on the IV, they will send her home with two meds to help her liver, and then she has to start off on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice, and then be kept on a prescription diet.

I know when Skittle gets home, she will be sending extra sloppy kisses to all her well wishers on the Kansas winds, and some very extra special kisses for her Auntie Patsy!

Thank you thank you so much for all your prayers. Even though we never got a definitive answer, she's doing better, and a lot of things have been ruled out! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Forgot to add that we will also have a followup blood chem with my vet here, especially to recheck her bilirubin level. I will talk to the original admitting vet at 5 tonight to find out when she wants the followup lab work done.

Edited by Tenderhearts

Guest grey_dreams

Good to hear that Skittle is coming home! Hoping that some TLC will help her get better quickly!

Guest jettcricket

So glad to hear the girl is on the mend and is coming home!!! :yay:yay Our Princess of Pinkness.....give the girl a gentle hug from me.

Guest bowiebears

Such good news!

Prayers continue for her continued recuperation...and everyone's return to normalcy!

--isaac

What a relief. Can you hear the collective sigh from around the world?

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)