Winslow's Diary

Tom.....such hidden talents!!! I didn't know you were a "composer" too!! That really is hysterical...

Looking good, Winslow!!! Glad your mom and dad are doing their jobs.....it's just a shame you have to remind them all the time!

I had to put my hand over Jerry Murray's eyes!!! My little boy with an older woman!! OMG.....Jordan, I will never forgive you for that!!

Nice to read this good stuff.....love to you, Winslow!!!

i cant take credit for that, it really is a weird al yankovic song...thought everybody knew that, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyfcOriVKBM

That's my second-favorite Weird Al song!! After My Bologna!! (Oh, and maybe Addicted to Spuds...) I'm such a Weird Al geek!

Yay for Winslow!!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack, I missed a lot of Winslow updates! So glad surgery went well and that he was back to his usual princely self in no time. Sending good thoughts that the margins were sufficient (I'm certain they were) and that he heals up quickly so you guys can move back upstairs soon. :)

For Winslow: :kiss2

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

July 9, 2009

Good Morning Diane,

We went to the vet yesterday. Winslow got his stitches out and a new bandage. There are still some raw places and we don't want him to lick them. It's looking really good. No sign of infection or problems. He didn't want the bandage and when he saw the vet wrap, he decided to leave. A peanut butter muzzle changed his mind.

2 more weeks in the dungeon.

I've been looking into additional or better supplements but have found that the other things I have considered use the same ingredients as the 4 Life TF. (for a much higher price) So, I'm just going to increase it a bit (it says you can actually double it).

Now that the Big D is under control, I am reintroducing his food. Winslow just says,"What's the problem? Where's my dad??? You OBVIOUSLY don't know how to make my food!"

Craig is back tonight and has spoken to Winslow no less than 6 times since Tues. afternoon. I heard them talking late last night... "Dad, hurry home, PLeeze! She doesn't know how to feed me or walk me... She keeps taking me to the doctor.. Hurry home.. Yes, Dad, you can wear your funny nose when we walk in the neighborhood.. just come home!!"

Things are looking up.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

July 17, 2009

Good Morning, Diane,

How's everything at your house? I know you are hot. Did it ever rain?

It's been a bit of a rocky road here at Casa Winslow. As you know, I had Winslow's annual tests done last week while we were there for bandages. He tested positive for Lyme. Both Dr. Stoneham and I were sure this had to be a false positive as we are diligent about checking him daily and using Frontline Plus (which I really hate, but fleas and ticks abound here). Winslow feels fine and has no symptoms.

We went back on Wednesday and had 2 more tests done. A full tick panel and a C6 Titer. Both positive. After much discussion on whether or not an asymtomatic dog should be treated (because Winslow doesn't do well with antibiotics) we decided to go ahead with it. He's still healing from his toe (which looks fabulous and I have attached a photo) and his tripod status makes a bout of Lyme Disease devastating. We just can't risk it.

We are preparing to make the next 28 days as easy as possible. Dr. Stoneham is giving us some Reglan and we will be using Pepcid as well. I will try to keep him on his regular food and supplements if possible. Dr. Stoneham says they are all ok. I really don't want to give him rice. Although pumpkin went right through when we tried it with the chemo, we may have to revisit that as well.

Do you have any suggestions for a rice replacement that is good for the BIG D and not grain? Low carb?

On a lighter note, Winslow has been using my little computer while we are on the lower level.. He's been reading Facebook lately. He saw that BEVD is supporting "A pound for a hound" in England. (A fund drive to help a shelter in the UK) Knowing that Daddy has been to the UK, he found the foreign currency to send. He sent a 5 pound note. He wanted me to include a note that said," Please DO NOT send me 5 Hounds. Just send one, DARCY!" Although I have been trying to explain that this is a charity, he insists on waiting for the mail each day in hopes that Bev has mailed Darcy to him.

We are still living in the lower level. One more week, until the foot is really healed. It looks like we may be here longer if the antibiotics are a problem. Running up and down the stairs won't be a good thing if his belly hurts. Down here, he's 3 feet from outside. If we have to stay, I'll consider moving the beloved sofa down here for Winslow. He misses it so much.

Although it's above ground, it's still the basement to me. I'm trying to keep it light in here. Windows and curtains wide open, additional lighting, but still, my eyes are getting squinty and my nose is growing. I'm noticing additional body hair... I think I'm turning into a mole.

So, that's the news from here. Good and bad. It's been a tough summer so far, but in the big picture, things could be so much worse. With Drs. Stoneham, Calo, and Massat, we are so fortunate.

I'll update you when we start the antibiotics. I'm hoping this is easy for Winslow. I really hate doing this to him.

Onward,

Glynis

Wintoe.jpg

Winrecoup.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

The toe looks pretty good :)

Assuming he's going to be treated with doxy? Hopefully, that won't be hard on his tummy. Seems most dogs tolerate it pretty well. Sending good thoughts.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

July 22, 2009

I knew Winslow (and Glynis) was bored, so I sent the U Tube video Shawn posted in off topic. Craig is out of town this week

Winslow says:

Hi Diane,

THANK YOU! I'm stuck here with my mom. SHE'S BORING! She plays games with me, but I really needed something to take my mind off missing my dad!

I love horses and I miss all my horse pals at the pool!

I think I'll go practice answering the phone now... after my nap.

Love,

Winslow

Wow! nice horse!

Wownicehorse.jpg

Replay please!

replayplease.jpg

Get a better look

getabetterlook.jpg

Crumbs on keyboard

crumbsonmykeyboard.jpg

I want a horse

Iwantahorse.jpg

Thanks Diane

ThanksDiane.jpg

afternoon update.....

Ok, we have watched the youtube about 30 times now. Can we pleez change the channel? The computer is getting soggy

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Sooooooooooooo .... Is Winslow going to get a horse? What color?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

oh Winslow, you are just the cutest hunk o'burnin' love I've ever seen :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2

If you wanted a horsie there's NO way I'd be able to say NO to that sweet face! :D:lol

sending prayers for a successful treatment!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

XOXOXOXOXOX RaineysMom :kiss2

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest kydie
:gh_bow What a great story! Thanks, makes us all aware of what we can expect if this comes our way a bow to you from my pup to yours

July 27, 2009

Good Morning Diane,

After a MONTH in the basement, we are now officially back on the main level. Winslow's toe is healed and I started moving us on Saturday. This morning we moved the big bed. He dashed up the stairs like a champ (We have been keeping that hind leg exercised by running up hills in the neighborhood). After a good look around to make sure everything was the same, Winslow was off to spend quality time with his beloved sofa. (see photo).

He still wants a pony, but has settled for a daily viewing on youtube. He has commandeered my little computer for his own use. After all the snot and slobber, I don't really want it back anyway.

Next week, swimming. HOORAY!

Meanwhile, the Lyme treatment seems to be going fine. No big D and no belly upset from the meds.. Lots of probiotics and pepcid.

Finally, things are looking up around here.

G.

wincouch.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

July 17, 2009

On a lighter note, Winslow has been using my little computer while we are on the lower level.. He's been reading Facebook lately. He saw that BEVD is supporting "A pound for a hound" in England. (A fund drive to help a shelter in the UK) Knowing that Daddy has been to the UK, he found the foreign currency to send. He sent a 5 pound note. He wanted me to include a note that said," Please DO NOT send me 5 Hounds. Just send one, DARCY!" Although I have been trying to explain that this is a charity, he insists on waiting for the mail each day in hopes that Bev has mailed Darcy to him.

Hi Winslow & Glynis!! Glad to hear about the toe healing & the anitbiotics going ok!

Beware - if Bev mails Darcy to Winslow, I'll be over ASAP to steal her away!! She's one of my very favorite doggies!!! :lol

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

August 3, 2009

Good Morning, Diane,

Winslow had a good painting day yesterday. He's been working on the black background. At first, he wasn't so sure about it, but seemed to warm up to it after awhile. He knows he's getting ready for the GAN auction, so he really made a good effort. I wonder if we could auction his bed as a piece of art.. it's now quite colorful.

He got a little excited with the paint and did a little body art as well. Photo attached.

I hope you are having a good day and all is well at your house.

Glynis

Winpaint1.jpg

winpaint2.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Wow, Winslow, that painting looks great! You are so creative. It looks like you were throwing your heart, soul, and body into it!

Glynis, the dark background on the canvas is a good idea. I've done that quite a few times to get another color into the mix without making the dog paint an extra color. They've always turned out beautifully. On of my favorites is one I had Winnie do when she was less enamoured of the creative process than before. We'd basically put a small canvas up to her paw when she was laying down, and I don't think she was even aware that she was "painting"! I used a gold background, and had her paint in purple---royalty, you know. :lol

Sweet boy, I'm glad you're out of the basement and are feeling good. The pictures of you at the computer were awesome!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Winslow - we're so glad to hear that things are getting much better for you (and your people) :D

Your painting (both varieties) is superb :wub:

Your five pound note for the Pound for a Hound appeal has arrived safely - thank you very much indeed :D

Darcy says to tell you that she loves you :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:wub: Winslow :wub:

Glad to hear the antibiotics aren't doing a number on his tummy, and that you've moved back upstairs so Winslow can have his couch :)

I'd love to see a video of him painting!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

August 5, 2009

I asked if Winslow was back swimming:

Ahhh swimming. Winslow didn't forget a thing. Even remembered to step on the scale when he got there (I don't think it's accurate anymore, but he did it anyway).

He went right into the pool. I only had him do 10 laps today and will increase it gradually. 10 today was like 20 3 months ago. Time to rebuild.

He's now had lunch and is well into his afternoon nap.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 1 month later...

Winslow had a check up!

Hi Diane,

Dr. Calo just called. All of Winslow's tests are just fine and he is in perfect health.

He is currently outside trying to shake enough leaves down to see his poopbag in the tree (still there). Says when he gets back he's starting plans for his 10th birthday party.

Glynis

:confetti

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Whew! Just catching up! What a summer you all had! So very, very relieved that all is right with the world; Winslow is on the mend and all tests results are good! Let the partying begin!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I was only wondering yesterday how Winslow was doing so I am delighted to read this update :couchjump

Darcy sends a big kiss xxxxx

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest eaglflyt
Winslow had a check up!

Hi Diane,

Dr. Calo just called. All of Winslow's tests are just fine and he is in perfect health.

He is currently outside trying to shake enough leaves down to see his poopbag in the tree (still there). Says when he gets back he's starting plans for his 10th birthday party.

Glynis

:confetti

This is such wonderful and heart warming news ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:yay for the clean bill of health and :yay for birthday party plans!!!

I was actually wondering about the poopbag the other day. The one in our tree has been gone for a long time, but I have to think that someone physically removed it (although why? and why?!!!) b/c the poop hadn't even fallen out prior to its disappearance. :dunno

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."