Winslow's Diary

April 30, 2010

Winslow's New Plate!

Hi Diane,

It works! Craig bought a beautiful plate so Winslow and I can share my food (I don't share his-GAG). We gave it a try this morning for breakfast. Winslow STAYED ON HIS SIDE OF THE PLATE!! He was really good about it. When he finished his food, he waited on his bed until I was finished (he eats faster than I do) so he could lick the plate. He did everything perfectly.

Here's how it works:

I cooked his egg first so I could put it in the freezer to cool while I cooked mine with vegetarian sausage. I showed him his side. The center circle caught his "overflow". When I was finished, he got to clean up. He is now having his morning nap. Photos attached.

g.

Plate1.jpg

Plate2.jpg

Plate3.jpg

Plate4.jpg

Plate5.jpg

Plate6.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EmbersDad

Winslow takes "clearing a room" very seriously.

G

Win0610.jpg

The next chapter in Winslow's life begins.....he will be moving to Arizona next month!!!

wow, better not let my gang see that :lol :lol enjoy arizona pal, im gonna miss u.

Edited by EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

You went across the pond to see Darcy. I hope you will visit me, too.

Love,

:paw:paw

:paw

that would be special. I hope so too.

Guest Winslowsmom

We are aiming for Prescott, but could end up nearer to Flagstaff.

Winslow is making all the choices here. :bow:ig:bow2

Guest eaglflyt

If your cross country trip takes you and Winslow through Oklahoma, maybe we can plan a meet up! : ) Ady Bea would LOVE to meet Winslow!!! :colgate

Oh wow, Glynis, did you already get an offer on the house? I have to come see you guys before you leave!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Oh wow, Glynis, did you already get an offer on the house? I have to come see you guys before you leave!

Can I come too? Please, please, please???

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Winslowsmom

Yay! More company! For MEEEEE! :yay

My house is sold! I met the new people yesterday. They have 2 dogs, but they know that my toys and big bed DO NOT go with the house!

We have to move by JULY 15! Call me! come on by! I would love to see you guys before we go!

Love,

PS.

Dear Ady Bea :wub:

Going thru OKC. I 40 across Tx and New Mexico. I would love to see you, but remember, I'm not very social with other fur babies. I would have to wear my muzzle. I would do that for you. I love you honey, from a distance. I would love to meet your mom. I'm real good with humans.

(since his surgery he's been a real stinker about other dogs.)

Love,

Prescott and Flagstaff are both very nice! I've heard that Flag has gotten expensive lately (relatively lol.gif ) and the winters can be brutal. Our GPA group has a "branch" in Prescott :)

Welcome Winslow to the west! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

• 1 month later...

June 24, 2010

Winslow isn't exactly scoring points with the neighbors before we leave.

You know, he's always good with everyone.

Today, we saw our neighbor and he immediately went UNDER HER SKIRT.

When she asked him what he thought he was doing, he took two steps to the side and peed on the other

neighbors driveway.

Not the way we want him remembered around here.

Moving day, July 10.

G

me: w00t.gifrofl.gif

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

OMG too funny!!!!! Winslow, you must have taught Rainey about going under skirts and shirts, she's the queen of cold nosing in our house :P

sending hugs for a safe trip!!!! :grouphug:kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I mentioned to Glynis that I thought there should be a parade route for the trip west!

Her reply:

I 81 south to Little Rock.

I 40 west to Flagstaff.

Stops in Knoxville, Little Rock, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque.

Plans are to get to each stop at night, leave in the am.

Between potty stops and meal stops, we don't go too fast.

Right now, I think he might pee on a parade.

He's doing all the things he never would do before.

He knows we are leaving. This morning he made a

GIGANTIC poop in his sacred back yard! AND, he did

the happy poo dance, too!!! You know

he never would go in the yard.

Then, he peed on the pear tree!

He thought it was all very very funny!

This is totally unheard of for Winslow!

What next?

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

July 2, 2010

Hi Diane,

We are down to the last week before the big journey. Winslow has been supervising all packing activities and making sure we do it right.

Tomorrow is another milestone for the big boy. He's 3.5 years cancer free. Here's a little video. It's not much because we are busy here.

Meredith from GW is coming to visit tomorrow and pick up the last of the good EVO from Winslow.

I know he will be happy to see her. A lot of people have been stopping by to visit him. He has many more friends than we do and he really enjoys entertaining his guests.

It's a little cooler now and we are hoping for cool weather next Friday night. The fan and portable ac will be packed and Winslow will have to make do with a small fan and an open door. Something tells me we will be leaving very early on Saturday.

Our first stop is Knoxville so hopefully I'll send some pics from there.

Onward. Or maybe nap time.

G

july2010.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Yep! I went to visit Glynis, Craig and Winslow last Saturday. The house is looks soo different painted white inside :lol Glynis showed me pics of where they will be living and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! I think Winslow will love it! Ever the good hostess, Glynis invited me to come visit. Little does she know that if I do, I'd never leave :lol

Jeannine - sorry, I only just now saw your post! Saturday was crazy for me though and I probably couldn't have given you a ride anyway. I went to Virginia immediately after getting my hair done and going to an acupuncture appointment!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Best wishes for a safe journey Winslow, Glynis and Craig. You will be sorely missed in the area, but I know that you'll continue to regale us with Winslow stories on GT at least.

And a super huge :yay for 3 1/2 years. Winslow, you are amazing! :kiss2

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

That is incredible! 3.5yrs cancer free. If that is something celebrate, I don't know what is!!! Keep it up Winslow!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Hope you have lots of fun on your journey to your new home. I can't wait to hear the updates!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest Winslowsmom

THANKS, EVERYONE for the visits and the cheers!

Thanks, Tom! I love the song! I can't do the Texas two step (obviously) but I sure can do the Cowboy cha-cha! I was dancin' all over the basement!

I'm counting down now. My toys are packed :angry: and sealed up so I can't unpack them again. :unsure I sure hope they get there ok.

Soon we'll be on the road, enjoying the new smells, hotels and elevators.

My mom has the camera!

I'll be sure to smile!

Thanks again, everyone!

LOVE :wub:

July 8, 2010

Hi Diane,

The movers packed us up yesterday. Because they took Winslow's fan and personal AC, we had to leave a day early. So, we got an extra night in Knoxville and got here around 2:AM.

After seeing his toys, bed and fan packed up, Winslow was pretty stressed out, so a long road trip helped to calm him down. All went well, aside from the barking terrier in the car next to us at the rest area. Once Winslow realized he was in a car and couldn’t get to him, it was time to tease him. I could see Winslow laughing when the obnoxious little dog began flying around the car in a barking frenzy.

Once we got to Knoxville, he found the big bed and slept until about 10:am this morning. He likes it here. A handicap accessible suite with plenty of space, a nice sofa, big bed, TV, and plenty of good grassy places outside. The elevator makes the right noises and he says it's a good ride. He's been on it about 5 times this morning already. Once to go out and 4 times just for the ride. ("I want to go out now!" so we ride down. "Ha Ha, just kidding, lets ride up again.") Now, he's taking his morning nap. TV on, little fan on, ceiling fan on, AC on (I’m wearing a jacket).

Tomorrow, off to Little Rock, AR. I hope the hotel suits Winslow. I hate it when he complains.

More later. I need a nap, too.

G.

(picture when I get home tomorrow evening....)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits