Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are happy to hear the update and everything is going well... Winslow you are the cutest!!!! :wub: :wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

So the trek has begun!!

Have a great stress-free trip out there!! And enjoy your new home, all of you!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

July 12, 2010

Hi Diane,

We made it to Oklahoma City just a few minutes ago.

Yesterday, it was Little Rock.

Winslow loved the suite. He remade the bed, watched tv and took a nap. The GLASS ELEVATOR was a different story. 5th floor and no alternatives. It was a struggle.

I helped him in one foot at a time and taught him to put his nose in the corner where he couldn't see anything. After 3 or 4 tries, he took off the brakes a little and by the time we left this morning, he had it.

Here in OKC, they have the glass elevator, too. Craig managed a room on the 1st floor so we don't have to use it. He saw it and was relieved when we just walked past without using it. Now, he's getting a nap on the sofa and preparing for an hour of tv then off to bed.

Tomorrow, Albuquerque.

Win1.jpg

Win2.jpg

Win3.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

July 14, 2010

Hi Diane,

We made it to Flagstaff! Last night was Albuquerque and on to Flagstaff today, with a few stops.

When we told Winslow that they named a town after him, he had to stop there. Honestly he pranced around downtown like he owned it. People allowed him inside shops and he greeted everyone. I know he was exausted from the trip, but he made a special effort. He even looked for the girl in the flatbed Ford. Found the Ford, not the girl. There are some photos attached. He got a tag for his collar and a street sign that says Winslow on it. Says it's going on the new house. Rancho De Winslow.

Anyway, we got to Flagstaff, had the walk thru on the earthship. Winslow loved it out there. He lounged on the patio and then examined every inch of the place. He approved and signed all the documents. Then went right out to the front yard and made it his own.

Now, he's totally worn out. His back leg was weak tonight from all the running around, in and out of the car, etc. He got to the hotel and promptly went to bed.

Tomorrow we get the apartment and he can spend all his time relaxing.

It's been a long trip but Winslow has been the perfect traveler. We are so proud of him! No complaints and he even managed to have some fun, too.

So, we are all off to bed. A big day tomorrow.

Glynis

Win4.jpg

Win5.jpg

Win6.jpg

Win7.jpg

Win8.jpg

to which I replied: oh my goodness -- Craig looks like a cowboy already!!! :lol

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:yay Glad to see y'all made it one piece! Looking forward to Winslow's High Desert Adventures :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Will we have installments of "Poo Bag in the Saguaro"? :lol :lol

But seriously, I'm glad you had a good trip. I'm so disappointed I didn't get to meet Winslow (and his humans :blush ) before you left for the West.

Enjoy your new home.

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Yay! I'm so glad the family arrived safely. Somehow, I knew Winslow would handle the trip with enthusiasm and aplomb---but I'm wondering how you and Craig fared? Well, you all look great, but man, that's a long drive.

How cool are those pics? To be standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona with a Greyhound named Winslow---I think it's a calendar shot.

When do you get into your gorgeous, off the grid house? Welcome home!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oooooooh! Off the grid?!? that's what I want to try to do on my property in VA...

Yay! Glad the trip went well! And too bad you didn't see the girl (my Lord)...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest eaglflyt

July 23, 2010

When we put Winslow on Embark, I knew it would have to be shipped.

He really loves that food! More later.

Winfood.jpg

Awesome! Ady Bea is hoping Winslow is loving his new home and getting all settled in. She's really sorry to have missed him when he came through OKC. She sends her love!!! :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

• 3 weeks later...

Winslow, I enjoyed seeing photos of your journey to your new home. I really like your new "Winslow" tag. It is so you!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest EmbersDad

somehow i knew the journey would not be complete without a visit to winslow...when i learned that you were moving, that was my first thought. enjoy the views of the milky way at night my friend.

I can hardly see to type this....I'm sure in time, Glynis will post in Rememberance. What can one say about this wonderful guy that has not been shared in this thread?

August 15, 2010

Hi Diane,

Winslow passed away peacefully in his sleep early this morning.

Craig and I were both by his side and he was here at home.

He beat the osteo, but couldn't out run the degenerative valve disease.

We buried him at the gate of our property where the sunsets are beautiful, the

shade is cool and the view spectacular.

I'll be in touch, but right now, I'm still trying to wake up from this awful dream.

Glynis

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

NO!!! This is heartbreaking.....my hero is gone. I am so sorry for Glynis and Craig, please pass along our sympathies. :weep

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest VaGreymom

Winslow was such an inspiration beating the odds for 3.5 years. I loved the pictures of his journey. Such a very special boy, he will be missed.

Guest azlorenz

I can hardly see to type this....I'm sure in time, Glynis will post in Rememberance. What can one say about this wonderful guy that has not been shared in this thread?

August 15, 2010

Hi Diane,

Winslow passed away peacefully in his sleep early this morning.

Craig and I were both by his side and he was here at home.

He beat the osteo, but couldn't out run the degenerative valve disease.

We buried him at the gate of our property where the sunsets are beautiful, the

shade is cool and the view spectacular.

I'll be in touch, but right now, I'm still trying to wake up from this awful dream.

Glynis

This can't be happening. I have no words, only tears :weep:weep:weep

Diane, I am so very Sorry! Winslow will be dearly missed by thousands.... :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I had a very bad feeling that something had happened to Winslow even before I opened this thread. Winslow will be missed by so many. I'm so sorry Glynis and Craig. My heart is broken for you.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011