I Lost My Buddy Today

Guest BigJon

Guest NDhound

Hi, this is BigJon aka NDhound,(forgot password and new e-mail thing) it's been over 5 years already and I did get another grey named Cruiser. Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I'm getting misty again just remembering that day.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back BigJon. Come on over to the Introduction section and tell us all about Cruiser.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greymama002

So glad that you have a greyhound in your life again! Fairly new here, and enjoyed your story of your beloved Boise & Girlsie.

Can't wait to hear all about your new Cruiser!

Guest lynne893

What a tribute to both of your dear hounds.

My heart hurt reading it.

Hugs to you. Your Boisie and Girlsie knew how much you loved them.

Oooh! Welcome back! A happy ending, I'd say! Can't wait to go read about Cruiser :)

Just read your tribute to your greyt pups. So, glad you got another one. Here is to many happy years you & Crusier have together

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing him with us tho.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Hi Jon! You can't get PMs yet, so I'll sidetrack this thread slightly. Do you still work in Grand Forks? If so, does Cruiser come to work with you the way Boise did? I'd love to meet Cruiser if you still do the University Park at noon thing (I work at UND)

I never see a pumpkin pie that I don't think of Boise and that most amazing inhalation of an ENTIRE big pie!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I'm so sorry for your loss. Boise sounds like he had a wonderful, long life with you. Godspeed Boise! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry to hear of your losses. You sound like such a loving greyhound parent...perhaps in time another special grey will come into your life. It was a wonderful tribute...to both of them really.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh that is a very moving and beautiful tribute. Thank you so much for telling us about Boise & Girlsie. I have heard that the greyhounds prayer is to "Please Lord, let me die a pet....so someone will remember my name." Their prayer was answered thanks to you. They will be perpetually remembered by many. My deepest sympathy.grouphug.gif

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifrungrey.gifflowers_red.gif

Guest NDhound

Hi Patsy, I remember you and yes I still stop at the North end of University Park most days at about 11:40. I'll be going there less when the kids are out for recess, (do they still call it that?) screaming kids gets Cruiser a little nervous.

Hi Jon! You can't get PMs yet, so I'll sidetrack this thread slightly. Do you still work in Grand Forks? If so, does Cruiser come to work with you the way Boise did? I'd love to meet Cruiser if you still do the University Park at noon thing (I work at UND)

I never see a pumpkin pie that I don't think of Boise and that most amazing inhalation of an ENTIRE big pie!

Hi Parsy

Guest TahoeMom

Boise misses his buddy, too!! May your heart be filled with joy instead of sadness as you continue to remember your best friend. flowers_yellow.gif

• 7 years later...
Guest NDhound

Looks like its been 7 years since I last posted here although I pop in now and then to research or just for entertainment.

Guess what, I finally met Patsy, I had my current currant grey Crew out stretching his legs before I went into the local Perkins for breakfast when Patsy pulled into the lot. I'm so glad she walked over to introduce herself and give Crew some sugar. She asked if I post here and said she still remembers Boise devouring the pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.

I had to look up this thread to piece together my log in, password etc. and read all the posts again, needless to say the tears flowed again 12 1/2 years later (laughs too).

*waves hi*

Was fun to meet you in the furs the other day and I treasure the way folks in this area are perfectly willing to talk to a stranger. When I go back to NJ every September and reflexively try to make small talk with the person ahead of me in the checkout line, etc, they look at me like I'm an axe murderer.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota