Greyhounds in movies or series

Hi,

I’m looking for a list of movies or series that had greyhounds in them. I know at one time there was a list on here. Maybe Global or American Greyhounds. Just hoping someone has it or start a new thread. 

I managed to get a copy of Greta the Misfit Greyhound, Dalkeith and another Disney movie starring a greyhound. 

My first greyhound, Gracie, had a walk-on part with 2 other greyhounds in the short-lived television show,  "Revolution."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)

It was filmed about 30 minutes from my home, back when Wilmington NC's film industry was really hopping. One of the assistant producers wanted some calm dogs and had seen our group in the local Christmas parade. Other dogs on the set where hyperactive. My friends and I had to hand over the leashes to the extras and all they had to do was walk around and around the set's encampment. Yes, we threatened their lives if they dropped the leashes. It was freezing cold and they filmed the same brief scenes over and over. in between that our greyhounds got a break and did what greyhounds do: lay down and take a nap. The production team asked why my 2 friends and I were shivering. We pointed to our greyhounds and said, "We couldn't just let them lay directly on the ground." :crazy

We got a one-day per diem check and a portion of that covered our dogs for those 8 hours. The greyhounds didn't even get any screen credit :rofl , nor did they meet the stars, but everyone else working on the show fussed over the greyhounds when they were vertical.

Not to spoil the illusion, but the encampment wasn't nearly as big as you'll see in the photograph. This was in the mid-2000s, not AI, but still computer generated to make the camp look massive. Gracie's butt is marked by the blue arrow. We weren't allow to take any photos while there, so I grabbed this image from my television.
458770041_3982721955386212_7614829510344205106_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s960x960&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=gYDxAY1VmVoQ7kNvgEhDnTX&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AYC5cOWVeSbCviGAfDfn725sT95lDvVQIICeD42nuPUkhg&oe=66E4163B

Edited by macoduck
  • Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

The Dog Wedding Movie. Rocket and Lexie had their wedding photos featured in the movie and received a gift certificate as payment. 

• Like 2
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I recently saw a review for a movie that won, something?, at the Cannes film festival called Black Dog. It is a Chinese movie about a ex con who befriends a stray dog and from the pictures I have seen the dog looks like a greyhound or maybe a galgo. I haven’t seen the movie, but the dog is definitely a sight hound of some sort.

Edited by Remolacha

9 hours ago, Remolacha said:

I recently saw a review for a movie that won, something?, at the Cannes film festival called Black Dog. It is a Chinese movie about a ex con who befriends a stray dog and from the pictures I have seen the dog looks like a greyhound or maybe a galgo. I haven’t seen the movie, but the dog is definitely a sight hound of some sort.

I saw this the other week; it won the Un Certain Regard category this year at Cannes. Xin the canine co-star is described as a whippet/ whippet cross. He is big, muscular, smart and it has to be said super-cute:

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJmZGMtc2l0ZXB1YmxpYy1tZWRp

Here is an interview with the director Guan Hu, talking about the challenges of filming with him and the many other dogs playing strays and pets in the film: https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/aug/27/black-dog-director-guan-hu-chinese-film-maker

It's an interesting, well-made film but be aware that although the director obviously loves dogs, the story's quite an upsetting one. Some aspects of the animal-handling also jarred, for an English viewer at least.  

• Like 1

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Tom Hanks was in a movies that had 2 greyhounds.  Anyone remember the name of the movie?

Charlie Wilson's War

Another movie -- Mrs Harris Goes to Paris

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

1960s movie "Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter" features greyhounds, greyhound racing, and the English pop band Herman's hermits.  

Plus I found this:

Films and television featuring Greyhound racing

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

4 hours ago, Zilla said:

Here’s an old link I found in my email to the list that used to be on here. But it’s not working. Be great if an admin could look into this topic for me.  http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/300743-movies-with-greyhounds-in-them/

That would be Jeff. Click on the Support tab up top to reach him. I don't know how far back the archives go.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'd love to get a hold of the movie Wild Boy, with Mick the Miller. Might be some good cheesy fun!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

21 hours ago, zimsmom said:

is this the same one as julia roberts was in?

Yes (Charlie Wilson's War)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Coronation Street had Tyrone Dobb's greyhound Monica in the early 2000s and more recently his grandmother Evelyn Plummer arrived in the street with her greyhound Cerberus in 2018. Cerberus passed away in 2023 (not his actor dog though). Evelyn moved in with Tyrone's family and gradually the background of their living room became covered in greyhound pictures and paraphernalia. It's still on the walls and there's a large portrait of Cerberus as well. 

There was something else recently that I was watching that had a greyhound but I can't think of it at the moment. I'll come back if I do. :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Brown_(film)

1954 adaptation with Alec Guinness, I saw it on Tubi. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg