drilldown

drilldown

682_dianatobias_dackgb

752_juno_sse1jj

729_shop_j0ljva

628_eve_vbbbes

649_all_w2ttie

drilldown

When this friendly giant was 14 months old a vet called the sanctuary because he had been turned in to be put down. There actually wasn't space for him but the alternative wasn't an option. This big boy is 2 years old now and weighs 44kg (97lbs)! :eek

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

This black boy has been at the sanctuary for over 6 years. He is very shy. He is happy at the sanctuary but new people and new places are really scary to him. 

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

drilldown

471_juno_fzt7ze

drilldown

463_fane_xtgelw

435_tobias_diana_rchr1a

413_diana_mknssw

drilldown

drilldown

This honorary Greyhound is a permanent resident of the Sanctuary. A couple of years ago she was found exhausting and starving in a garden. She's such a sweet little dog.

drilldown

281_eila_pr2ukv

The dogs at the sanctuary live in groups rather then kennels.  There are currently 22 hounds at the sanctuary. Petra is taking care of these dogs 24/7, 365 days a year, on her own. There is a very long waiting list, not enough adopters and there is a constant struggle to make ends meet. You can found out more about the sanctuary here: https://www.claregreyhoundsanctuary.com

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Anne, your photos aren't showing up.  :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ugh, I'm not sure whats happening as I can see them. Let me try again. Part 1:

449997305_503459842249237_37243087271749

778_sean_krddjt.jpg

680_dianatobias_q6n9re.jpg

682_dianatobias_dackgb.jpg

752_juno_sse1jj.jpg

729_shop_j0ljva.jpg

628_eve_vbbbes.jpg

649_all_w2ttie.jpg

655_coinneacht_xgvlom.jpg

When this friendly giant was 14 months old a vet called the sanctuary because he had been turned in to be put down. There actually wasn't space for him but the alternative wasn't an option. This big boy is 2 years old now and weighs 44kg (97lbs)! :eek

662_coinneacht_prcose.jpg

326_coinneacht_ieqyva.jpg

618_troy_oxkjzy.jpg

606_gabby_c2sbzc.jpg

569_morrigan_tqeuu8.jpg

Part 2:

561_honor_alvin_n1tnnt.jpg

550_alvin_pp0muu.jpg

546_leo_gqdre4.jpg

This black boy has been at the sanctuary for over 6 years. He is very shy. He is happy at the sanctuary but new people and new places are really scary to him.

538_nancy_apcl1o.jpg

501_sonia_b22riv.jpg

504_all_m4erjq.jpg

530_morrigan_g4a9a2.jpg

526_nancy_b2sqbx.jpg

527_juno_orpqiq.jpg

484_fane_c5fuy0.jpg

471_juno_fzt7ze.jpg

470_nancy_hls6wa.jpg

463_fane_xtgelw.jpg

435_tobias_diana_rchr1a.jpg

413_diana_mknssw.jpg

342_misneach_agd31y.jpg

380_bon_cddp5k.jpg

This honorary Greyhound is a permanent resident of the Sanctuary. A couple of years ago she was found exhausting and starving in a garden. She's such a sweet little dog.

312_george_loxsei.jpg

281_eila_pr2ukv.jpg

The dogs at the sanctuary live in groups rather then kennels.  There are currently 22 hounds at the sanctuary. Petra is taking care of these dogs 24/7, 365 days a year, on her own. There is a very long waiting list, not enough adopters and there is a constant struggle to make ends meet. You can found out more about the sanctuary here: https://www.claregreyhoundsanctuary.com

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Thank you for sharing, Anne, and for the sanctuary's link. These are gorgeous photos of such dear souls. Bless Petra for all she's doing.

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:beatheart:beatheart  they are all beautiful, and what a wonderful place they have. The big boy reminds me of my heart dog Fletcher, a white and brindle boy who was “only” 90 lbs :wub:

• Like 1

Well, I guess if I have to move to Ireland for the sake of the hounds, I will suck it up and go. :beatheart (Seriously, that is my retirement dream. Only 15–20 years to go.)

Your photos are wonderful. I am going to steal that Nancy! She sounds like a character. I love the feisty girls.

• Like 3

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

I'm so glad the second attempt worked. Your photos are wonderful.

All of the hounds look very healthy and happy. Petra is doing amazing work; I hope it gets easier for her. :grouphug 

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

8 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Well, I guess if I have to move to Ireland for the sake of the hounds, I will suck it up and go. :beatheart (Seriously, that is my retirement dream. Only 15–20 years to go.)

Your photos are wonderful. I am going to steal that Nancy! She sounds like a character. I love the feisty girls.

Nancy is wonderful, she was one of my favorites :wub: She's also so pretty!

On their Facebook page you can view a short video I made: https://www.facebook.com/claregreyhoundsanctuary/videos/1003691154765845

• Like 2

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

5 hours ago, AnneGTS said:

Nancy is wonderful, she was one of my favorites :wub: She's also so pretty!

On their Facebook page you can view a short video I made: https://www.facebook.com/claregreyhoundsanctuary/videos/1003691154765845

What a sweet video! They all look so happy and engaged.

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

What beauties!  :beatheart

My girl came via the Irish Greyhound Trust. Droopys Fresh, now known as Freshy, age 8, had one little of 6 pups. Freshy is just the sweetest girl, and now that she's shed her dull irish winter coat she is a very shiny black. It seems to be impossible to get a good photo of a black greyhound. I didn't even like the ones Bill Axell took at Greyhound in Gettysburg.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

1 hour ago, macoduck said:

What beauties!  :beatheart

My girl came via the Irish Greyhound Trust. Droopys Fresh, now known as Freshy, age 8, had one little of 6 pups. Freshy is just the sweetest girl, and now that she's shed her dull irish winter coat she is a very shiny black. It seems to be impossible to get a good photo of a black greyhound. I didn't even like the ones Bill Axell took at Greyhound in Gettysburg.

Would love to see a picture! Love those shiny black hounds :heart
9 of the 22 hounds at the sanctuary are black. I asked if the black dogs wait longer to be adopted but there wasn't really any difference.

I have to say it was quite a challenge to take decent pictures of the dogs. Most of the time I had 2 or 3 snouts in the lens of my camera :lol

• Like 3

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

1 hour ago, AnneGTS said:

I have to say it was quite a challenge to take decent pictures of the dogs. Most of the time I had 2 or 3 snouts in the lens of my camera :lol

I noticed that in the video too! :wub:

20 hours ago, Remolacha said:

In the video, it looks like the blue girl(?) has snowflakes? :beatheart How have they not been adopted yet?

Yes, that's Dora doing her happy dance :wub: She got the diagnosis of a bone tumor five years ago and is on pain management, but she's super happy and friendly. 

• Sad 1

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

5 hours ago, AnneGTS said:

Yes, that's Dora doing her happy dance :wub: She got the diagnosis of a bone tumor five years ago and is on pain management, but she's super happy and friendly. 

Five years post-diagnosis? Dora! :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My :beatheart too.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thanks so much for posting!  Your pictures are gorgeous, and I wanted to be among those lovely, happy dogs.  They made me smile.  Thank Petra for her dedication and compassion.  :beatheart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Such beautiful greys!  :beatheart      Are they ever adopted out to the USA?

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

13 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Such beautiful greys!  :beatheart      Are they ever adopted out to the USA?

Yes they do :) Some dogs are adopted in Ireland but most go abroad (Germany, Italy, Sweden etc.)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg