4 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

You are giving Dixie every opportunity to shine. I love your updates! 

Thank you! I’ll keep them coming!

• Like 2

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Some photos from yesterday, although not as many as I would have liked as I was often busy distracting her! And then the main event from this morning. She had so much fun in the field that she was too tired to do much woodland exploring but I think this is somewhere we will try to go every other week or so

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7_TiIboOWI/?igsh=MXkweGhob3MxbWM5MQ==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7_VV2MofIg/?igsh=a3p3MHQ1eHpodWIz

i added this yesterday but must have forgot to press submit :rolleyes:. It’s my age

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Remolacha said:

love the pictures of her bouncing through the high grass! :beatheart

She enjoyed it so much that she tried to make me take her out in the car for her afternoon walk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two gorgeous places and a gorgeous pup.  Love those little delicate whiskers in/on the pupcup.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

How's Ms Dixie getting along?

She’s generally doing well I think but I’d kind of forgotten that dogs can bark… and bloody hell, sometimes she just Won’t. Shut. Up. :lol. Sometimes it has felt a bit ‘two steps forwards, three steps back’ (like when she helped herself to a half kilo bag of muesli last week, which included raisins - she’s fine but I had to let out her harness for a few days, the little porker), but I *think* we are making some positive progress.

I took some action shots recently and will post them soon but in the meantime please have this. I missed the biggest jumps but I am starting to think that her back legs are made from pogo sticks

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8pK2K3ou2J/?igsh=MWs2anJpZmw2YWZvNw==

We had our first training session today with the appropriately named Joy. She got Dixie’s attention immediately and we practiced walking to heel, turning round to break her focus on other dogs and emergency u-turns for lurchers. It was good to know that some of the training tips we talked about we had kind of started with her but hadn’t quite nailed the technique so we are going to work on that and have another session in a few week’s time.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I missed the field pics, but I'm glad I finally noticed them. She was having a blast.

And yes, she definitely has pogo sticks at the back. :lol 

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Some pictures as promised :wub:

dixie flckr (2 of 15)

dixie flckr (7 of 15)

dixie flckr (10 of 15)

dixie flckr (12 of 15)

dixie flckr (13 of 15)

dixie flckr (3 of 15)

dixie flckr (6 of 15)

From complete hooligan to a couple of quieter moments. This week I have started to notice that she is a bit more settled. We are managing to get her out for a walk more successfully as we were struggling to get her into our routine a bit. She has also greeted me more excitedly and generally seemed a bit happier this week - spinning around in the bedroom while I get ready for a walk and playing more gently with me. But she’s also becoming bolder about telling me what she doesn’t like - she likes to sleep on a human bed and has started to favour one of the spare rooms. When I tried to get her off it she had a bit of a grumble and shout at me but eventually did as she was told and sulked!

• Like 3

These are fab photos! You must frame the last one :beatheart and if you don't keep her (are we still pretending she's a foster?), it would be a wonderful gift for her adopter. And of course one of the kangaroo in the first pic. :rofl 

• Haha 1

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

I was walking Dixie in my village last week and crossed the road to avoid another dog. The lady yelled across the road ‘IS THAT DIXIE? I’VE JUST SEEN HER POST!’. The rescue had added some of these pictures to their Facebook page but she’s still not getting much interest. So yes, still a foster but we’re not in a rush to send her off. She’s a complicated little thing and if she doesn’t go to the right people I think she will bounce back into kennels. She’s taken five weeks to get to being more settled, but is still barking at EVERYTHING and does demand quite a bit of attention. We are fully expecting her to come on holiday with us in September.

We bought this hush muff to help with noises in the house. I don’t think I could ever wear leopard print this well!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C85GEWKILCw/?igsh=cW12YjBtbWd2ajRz

• Like 3

...she likes to sleep on a human bed and has started to favour one of the spare rooms. 

...We are fully expecting her to come on holiday with us in September.

You need to talk to @Time4ANap. They have a guest room that is reserved solely for the hounds:thumbs-up

And, I'm sorry, when the "fosters" go on holiday with their "foster" hoomans, we can smell toast burning all the way across the Pond :rofl

Good on ya! :kiss2

• Haha 5

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, Holly.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She's making great, if slow, progress. I hope the hush muff does the trick; even if it doesn't, it looks good. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

3 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

...she likes to sleep on a human bed and has started to favour one of the spare rooms. 

...We are fully expecting her to come on holiday with us in September.

You need to talk to @Time4ANap. They have a guest room that is reserved solely for the hounds:thumbs-up

And, I'm sorry, when the "fosters" go on holiday with their "foster" hoomans, we can smell toast burning all the way across the Pond :rofl

Good on ya! :kiss2

The bed in that guest room is kind of lonely.  Nico got on it for a little bit but prefers to be where the humans are. He syas that our bed will do just fine when we are in it. :lol  Dixie is always welcome. 

Our friends who have adopted other breeds after having greyhounds have told us that they tended to forget that dogs do "dog things" until they had another breed or a mix in the house. They were all used to the quiet of greyhounds. Miss Dixie is just being a dog and is going to excel with the help of @MerseyGrey 

• Like 3
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

4 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

The bed in that guest room is kind of lonely.  Nico got on it for a little bit but prefers to be where the humans are. He syas that our bed will do just fine when we are in it. :lol  Dixie is always welcome. 

Our friends who have adopted other breeds after having greyhounds have told us that they tended to forget that dogs do "dog things" until they had another breed or a mix in the house. They were all used to the quiet of greyhounds. Miss Dixie is just being a dog and is going to excel with the help of @MerseyGrey 

Dog things - this is so true! I think we would be more committed to her if she were more greyhound. I know that’s not her fault, and that we must have turned in to breed snobs!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I missed all the updates!  Love, love, love the pics of this beautiful girl  

You have to wonder, with all Dixie's idiosyncrasies, about the mix of nature vs nurture in her brain.  

Dog things - this is so true! I think we would be more committed to her if she were more greyhound. I know that’s not her fault, and that we must have turned in to breed snobs!

I am a breed snob and proud of it.   Although in my case it's laziness, not snobbiness.  Greyhounds fit so well into my lifestyle that I find them the easiest of dogs.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

When we had Buddy I thought that we might venture into lurcher ownership one day - having fallen totally in love with greyhounds I didn’t want to steer too far, and thought that a lurcher, who could join us on longer walks, might suit us as well, if not better than a greyhound. 
This particular lurcher is nothing like a greyhound! I’ve recently discovered that she likes a good eye rub and a knuckle in the ear but that’s where the similarities end.

She’s been with us for just over seven weeks now. We had to put her back in kennels for one night over the weekend but she coped well and we are beginning to to see her relax a lot more. She’s had a few training sessions and she’s doing really well with her reactivity issues. She’s picking things up really quickly, so it’s apparent that her previous training is lurking behind those anxious eyes of hers. 

While I’m on, does anyone else’s dog lick the inside of your elbow and hump the air at the same time?!?! :youcrazy

• Like 1

While I’m on, does anyone else’s dog lick the inside of your elbow and hump the air at the same time?!?! :youcrazy

:blink:

:lol

• Haha 3

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, Holly.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.