Tissue Issue

Gelsey is one of those dogs who loves to rummage through wastebaskets and shred any used paper napkins or tissues she finds.  I've been contributing a lot of tissues to the wastebaskets the last few weeks, and haven't always been successful in keeping them away from Gelsey.  We have had several conversations about this.  Gelsey is also one of those dogs who wants very much to please you but is also absolutely determined to do whatever the #@*& she wants.

The other day I caught her in mid theft.  She was joyfully trotting past me, prize held daintily in her front teeth, when she turned her head and saw me.  The expression on her face!  Her pupils dilated instantly.  She dropped the tissue and kept looking at me, eyes doubling in size  and becoming full of guilt, remorse, and grief.  "Don't hit me again," she seemed to be saying.  "Don't starve me for days like you did last time."  

I told her she was a good girl and got up to give her a treat.  When I returned with treat in hand, she and the tissue had disappeared.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:lol Oh, Gelsey. You and Willa would have a rip-roaring good time together. Willa's last conquest was the invoice from her vet visit. Can't say I blamed her for that!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Even though they're different breeds, your Gelsey and my Daisy are clearly sisters. Daisy has a fascination with white paper, especially tissues and paper towels. She actively seeks out conquests during walks. Sometimes she carries her prize home, sometimes she shreds it (if she has a chance), and sometimes she swallows it. She's not as good as Gelsey at guilt, but she is just as determined to do what she wants irrespective of consequences. 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Fuzzy will join in the mayhem, I lost several books, a baseball cap, a muzzle, and other various things, before I learned to put the muzzle on before I get in the shower or go out of the house. Her favorite targets now are boxes (full or empty, carboard or paperboard), and yes, of course, tissues, new or used.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:rotfl  Gelsey's saga left me laughing out loud.

Nate too is enamored of tissues and paper napkins.  He's not a shredder nor is he dainty.  He eats his finds as fast as he can lest I risk life an limb by trying to filch his treasures. <_<  I've resorted to lidded trash cans--took 2 tries to find one he couldn't circumvent--and decorative tissue boxes--these have to be heavy enough that he can't yank them off the end table and I have to make sure there are no tempting tissues sticking out for him to grab.  And this is Nate, who is blind.  Somehow, he just knows if there is a paper product anywhere.

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:35 PM, palmettobug said:

Fuzzy will join in the mayhem, I lost several books, a baseball cap, a muzzle, and other various things, before I learned to put the muzzle on before I get in the shower or go out of the house. Her favorite targets now are boxes (full or empty, carboard or paperboard), and yes, of course, tissues, new or used.

Edie would have been right there with Fuzzy. She was big on books and tissue boxes. She had a sense of humour too: she killed a dog training book (I agreed with her assessment) and a tissue box with a poodle on the side of it. One day she filched a soda can that slipped out of the carton; the aluminum was no match for her canines ... what a mess.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Apparently Gracie knows how to remove a clean Kleenex from the dispenser. We keep finding new tissues on the floor. We know that Mark doesn't have that kind of driver or energy. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life