Finally Introducing Banjo

No photo description available.

We adopted Banjo September of 2021.  He wasn't even 2 years old yet.  His trainer said that he didn't have a competitive spirit, so he came to live with us.  He definitely can be a handful.  He loves everybody and has to meet everybody.  Just as I was getting control of him on walks I was diagnosed with cancer and had an approximately 6" x 10" tumor removed from my neck and shoulder.   The tumor was removed February 8, 2022 and I was "rebuilt" February 14, 2022.  My wounds are finally getting close to really healing (only 2 left) so I am hoping I can get to the "Y" for some physical therapy/exercise that will help me regain full range of motion in my arm and get some endurance in my legs.  Until then, I take him for short walks just to do what needs to be done away from people he wants to greet.  Roy takes him on longer walks, and with warm weather and no ice, I am finally walking with.

Now that I have figured out how to post pictures, I will post more pictures of him.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Congratulations on the adoption and your recovery! Banjo is gorgeous, of course Mark says I may partial to those big black boys with white paws. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Congratulations on Banjo--he's a great-looking guy. Congratulations and good wishes for your ongoing recovery.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:wave   Banjo and Annette!

He's a gorgeous boy and still young enough to be a handful.  He sounds great.  I hope your recovery goes well.  I bet having Banjo as a walking companion will make it more fun. 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Congrats to both of you! Banjo for landing where you did :confetti and Annette for your recovery kicking cancer's a$$ :clap

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

39 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Congrats to both of you! Banjo for landing where you did :confetti and Annette for your recovery kicking cancer's a$$ :clap

This! Plusalso: Banjo is gorgeous.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Nothing prettier than a shiny black hound in motion.  :)  And congreytulations on your own recovery of motion.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...