It's A Gray and Chilly Day In The Dezzert

A rare coat and blanket day. (Yes, the heat is on too.:lol) They are calling for 2 feet of snow in the mountains to our north so we are getting the cold air and dampness. 

ES47gS0.jpg

6BmLuWo.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Aww, puppers--we have your heat, it is around 80 for the high today. Hope this is not indicative of a HOT HOT summer.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Both hounds:  Dad!! Wot the flock??

Plusalso LaVida:  Snake.Is.Mine.

:wub: :wub: Love these two!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

18 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

Aww, puppers--we have your heat, it is around 80 for the high today. Hope this is not indicative of a HOT HOT summer.

Same here! I think Willa got to wear her housecoat twice this "winter." <_<

Mark and LaVida look très chic! :beatheart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

She is well prepared.  It is crazy here.  70's one day and then it drops 30 or 40 degrees the next.  This has been a very strange winter.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We had that bitter cold around Xmas, for a few days it was double coats outside and Fuzzy snugged up next to me all the time. Then we had a day it was nice enough to take them to the dog park while visiting their "Nan" in Virginia. Seems to have set the tone for the past two months, up-down-all around.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Welcome to our Whirled   :snow

I've been seeing news reports of your cold and snowy weather.  In California too  :(

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Don, you may remember my mother grew up in the Valley and in Phoenix itself.  A couple of times during her school years, when the mountains surrounding the Valley had heavy snowfalls, all classes were cancelled and every kid who had any access to anybody who could drive them went up into the mountains to play.  Phoenix version of a snow day.  

PS:  Was that originally Petunia's coat?  Flowers look kind of petunia-y. 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

4 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Don, you may remember my mother grew up in the Valley and in Phoenix itself.  A couple of times during her school years, when the mountains surrounding the Valley had heavy snowfalls, all classes were cancelled and every kid who had any access to anybody who could drive them went up into the mountains to play.  Phoenix version of a snow day.  

PS:  Was that originally Petunia's coat?  Flowers look kind of petunia-y. 

Schools are rarely canceled but there is still a solid line of traffic going north on these snow days. The DOT pleads with people to stay off the roads until they can clear them but it doesn't do much good.  This particular storm closed many miles of interstate in northern AZ for the past 24 hours. 

That was Petunia's coat which was sent to her by a good friend here on GT. Petunia refused to wear a coat from the first time we attempted to put it on her. . :lol She was storm phobic but also refused to wear the thunder shirt. The thunder shirt stressed her out even worse than the storm. There are tons of flamingos mixed into that print along with the flowers. Miss Houndtime Irene made the housecoat. LaVida has yet to take it off. She is loving it. 

1 hour ago, rsieg said:

So what qualifies as "cold air" in Phoenix?

It depends, but in this case the morning was in the 40's and the air was that damp, raw kind of cold that goes right through you. After you've been here for a few years your body acclimates to the heat and you will be cold when the temps go much below 70. We see people wearing winter coats when temperatures are in the upper 60's.

When we lived in the midwest a 50 degree winter day was a good excuse to wash the salt off the car wearing a T-shirt and no jacket. Here, we will be bundled up at the same temperature. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

LaVida looks like she thinks you might try to remove her stylish duds. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

2 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

LaVida looks like she thinks you might try to remove her stylish duds. :lol: 

Day 2 and she hasn't let us take it off of her. I think she's really liking her housecoat. I have to go through the other coats here and see if anyhting else  fits her. 

Update: Day 3

We are still having very cold mornings here in the dezzert. North of us in the mountains they got between 2 and 3 feet of snow and we are getting all of the cold air off of that snow. LaVida has not let us take her housecoat off of her. We are going through the other coat we have to see if any of them fit her so we can eventually change her coat. 

We also found one of Rocket's coats that fits Mark. Mark says we were holding out on him since his idea of bliss is being able to wear his blanket 24/7. We so rarely need any kind of coat here that we had never tried the coats on these two. 

Mark says you can't see him in his "camelflaj." 

CDZp6vE.jpg

LaVida Day 3 - still rocking her housecoat and happy! 

ANknclN.jpg

Camelflaj :lol

Two stylin' hounds :bounce

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Love them.  Mark's  (Rocket's) is the old style.  No collar.  Glad to be keeping them warm.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

"Bliss" pretty much sums it up. :nod

I hope LaVida decides that she can be nekkid for the 0.3 minutes it takes to change her duds. :lol 

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Mark says you can't see him in his "camelflaj." 

What dog?  Where?

I hope LaVida decides that she can be nekkid for the 0.3 minutes it takes to change her duds

But she's just gotten the petunia-flamingo one's feel and smell broken in to perfection

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

The outside temp got up to about 70 yesterday in the sun, and upper 60's in the shade so I took LaVida's coat off of her. Last night as she was going to bed I held up the coat. She came running and stuck her head through to put it on. :lol 

She's currently taking her after breakfast nap wearing her coat. She's a happy girl. 

13 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

But she's just gotten the petunia-flamingo one's feel and smell broken in to perfection

You are doubtless correct. :lol 

7 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

... I held up the coat. She came running and stuck her head through to put it on. 

Smart girlie. :wub: